More Pin Chucks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Thanks all. I just got most of the stock in todays UPS. I will be getting them togther within the next 1- 2 weeks. Thanks for your patience.

Fangar

myname1960

Here is the link to the pin chuck instructions for the Baron

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10265

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />They have been posted here before. I will again when I get a chance. Thanks for the interest.

Cheers,

Fangar

tipusnr

I would be interested in one of each of your pin chucks. Please e-mail me (address is in profile)as to the cost. No rush on postage or delivery as I'm not really ready to start using them just yet.

Fangar

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />
Originally posted by olsenla
<br />Fangar,

You can put me down for a set of Panache as well as a Jr.Statesman.

Thanks,
Larry

Ditto for me too, plus are you doing the new Version II of the Jr Gents?

Thanks..[:D]

Jim,

I am not doing the Gents version one. The reason being is that the Baron works for that, though the bushing is different. The version II is in progress.

Cheers,

Fangar

<br />
<br />
Originally posted by olsenla
<br />Fangar,

You can put me down for a set of Panache as well as a Jr.Statesman.

Thanks,
Larry

Ditto for me too, plus are you doing the new Version II of the Jr Gents?

Thanks..[:D]

Jim,

I am not doing the Gents version one. The reason being is that the Baron works for that, though the bushing is different. The version II is in progress.

Cheers,

Fangar

Thanks Fanger,

I'd be interested in paired sets for the capped pens, so I can turn both the cap and the body....you know I'd be ready to commit to anything you make..

Thanks so much for doing this[:D]

Fangar

Thanks guys,

The Panache will likely be the next one off the production line (After I get the Jr Gents II done and the next Baron run). Might be a bit of down time on that one however. It will take two rods of course. Actually I am not sure I can do it yet as I have yet to buy one of the kits. I will likely be placing a CSUSA order in the near furture and will throw one on for experimentation. It really depends on if there is a drill rod size made that fits both tubes properly. I had to scramble with the Standard Statesman when I did that one, and had to hand sand / polish about 2,000ths of an inch off of each one. What a PITA that was. I appreciate all of your patience. The Jr Gents II and the Barons will be ready soon.

Cheers,

Fangar

<br />Bob,

Got you down. I will email you with options when I get them together.

Fangar

Hi Jim,

I'll bet I get confussed when you get them all made, Can you email me when you have them made, I know I'll be buying what ever you make, so can you put out an email list...Thank You Sir!!
[:D][:D][:D]

mrcook4570

Fangar

Your pin chucks are excellent. I have both the Gent and the Baron and they allow me to easily produce beautiful closed end designs. Would it be possible to get bushings for a Baron cap to fit on the Gent pin chuck?

Also, would it be possible to get extra bushings for each with a square shoulder as opposed to the rounded edges? Or could I simply take a parting tool and square off the shoulder (I'm assuming the bushing is aluminum)?

Fangar

Hi Jim,

I'll bet I get confussed when you get them all made, Can you email me when you have them made, I know I'll be buying what ever you make, so can you put out an email list...Thank You Sir!!
[:D][:D][:D]

LOL. I will email you.

Fangar

Fangar

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Fangar

Your pin chucks are excellent. I have both the Gent and the Baron and they allow me to easily produce beautiful closed end designs. Would it be possible to get bushings for a Baron cap to fit on the Gent pin chuck?

Also, would it be possible to get extra bushings for each with a square shoulder as opposed to the rounded edges? Or could I simply take a parting tool and square off the shoulder (I'm assuming the bushing is aluminum)?

Mrcook,

Thanks for the kind words. As far as the sqaure edge is concerned, the easiest way to do that is like you said, if you want them 90 degrees. I have found that as they are soft aluminum, they tend to hold up a little better with the tiny void that allows you to get the right level without kissing them. Also, that rolled edge is there as part of the deburring process as they are often pretty rough if they are cut straight.

As far as the bushing for the Baron top cap. The issue is I was having is the center hole on those. In order to make that chuck work, the 11mm rod has to be sanded down a couple two three thousanths. Then the center hole on the bushing gets a little sloppy. Not sure if you have any aluminum or plastic stock around, but it is very easy to make a one off bushing (Try making a couple hundred...[:D]). Give the plastic a shot. For the amount of double closed ends I do, I use my caliper for the Baron top cap. I am glad you got the Gents when you did. Those puppies are way too much work for me!

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom