More customer service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

I know it gets old but CSUSA did it again. I had made an order the week before Thanksgiving and when it arrived I noticed it wasnt right. On the bag said one thing but inside the bag was another. I called and told them about it and they said to keep it and they would ship me the right thing at no charge. Ya cant beat that! Who cares about getting a piece of wood when you have customer service like that!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldimick

Johnny,

I placed an order the week before Thanksgiving too. I missed the afternoon shipping deadline and later that night I placed another order online and asked that they combine them. They did - saving me freight on the second order. They also called me and told me that some tubes (guess which ones) were backordered and would be shipped to me later.

I just wished that I lived in Provo again.[}:)]

That piece of wood is customer incentive not customer service, don't confuse the two. CSUSA is the best on customer service and I'll take customer service any day over customer incentive.

rtjw

Agree with you Ron. It means more to me that they are willing to go above and beyond than just giving a piece of wood. I can cut a tree down and give everyone a piece, but that doesnt mean your gonna be happy with the order.

alamocdc

I all fairness, I've never recieved poor customer service from any of the three supplieres I order through. They have ALL done everything necessary to correct any errors or replace bad parts. Yes, CSUSA goes above and beyond, but you have to remember that they don't use resellers. They deal directly with their end user base. The other two are resellers and as such are limited in what they can do for us. My only negative issue involved a set of now remanufactured bushings for a certain pen that the parent company refused to accept as faulty, even though they were remanufactured to correct the error. That was something beyond the scope of what our resellers are set up to handle. Not trying to correct any of the previous posts. I'm only presenting a different perspective.

Mikey

I placed an order the Friday after Thanksgiving. On Monday, they called to cofirm my discount and to tell me they have backordered two items. On Monday afternoon Nils posted the balck ti Jr Gent pen. I called CSUSA and asked if two more kits could be added to my order. I was told "no, but I will add it to the backorder order and have them ship today at our expense". On Wednesday, I got two more packages from CSUSA, one with a drill bit backordered and the other with two pen kits. I could not be happier with the service.[8D]

In all fairness, being a reseller has nothing to do with customer service. All businesses choose the parameters they use in treating thier customers.

Every business will make mistakes and have problems, it is a fact of doing business. What counts is how those mistakes and problems are handled.

I feel customer service is on the decline in this country. Most people are now so use to poor service they are now willing to accept it as normal.

wood-of-1kind

We have a saying where I work:

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE OXY-MORON OF THE 21st CENTURY.

Well stated Ron, customer service is on the decline (all over). Pity, I for one know that it really does matter and I for one will pay 'extra' in order to receive it.

Travlr7

I get the feeling There is a "Zinger" in here regarding several particular vendors. I have used two of the ones that surprized me with "wood Blank" "Gift/Advertizement,etc) Since I haven't experienced a shipping error from either of them, I can't comment on how they handle it, but I have had occasions to contact them and have been Extremely satisfied with the professional way in which I was treated.

When I started in business I was taught to Praise that which was good about my Product or service and not run down the other guy.

I have used CSUSA and they are ALSO a good supplier, but NOT the only one!

Just MHO.

Bruce[;)]

rtjw

Originally posted by Travlr7
<br />I get the feeling There is a "Zinger" in here regarding several particular vendors.

Your right there is one. I have only placed an order with them once. My "Freebie" was two pieces of solid light colored acrylic that was maybe 5/8 inch square. The next time I called them about placing a large order (one that was several hundred kits) I was told that they were too busy to talk and that they had stuff to do.

Bruce,
I too own a business, and believe that is wrong to run down a competitor. To say the least, doing so, usually makes one look petty and most of the time it will backfire.

I am not in the business of selling pen kits and since I am a customer of these items, I see no problem in me expressing satisfaction or dissatisfaction with pen kit suppliers.

Mikey

rtjw, the first time I was going to place an order with a company that starts with "A", I called to ask a few questions and then to order. After my first question, he then asked "have you ever turned a pen before?" to which I had to respond with "yes, many". He then asked that I place my order on-line. While I did get my order very fast and have since placed another order, I will never call again with a question. Both the "B" and the "C" have always taken the time to speak with me and answer my questions, in fact, CSUSA has quickly become my favorite place to order from. (except the Baron pens)

Travlr7

NOW i am hearing Valid complaints about the vendors. That I can accept and appreciate. I'm sorry you have that kind of NON-service. They Don't deserve Your business, but as long as they keep taking care of me as well as they have, I will do business with them as well as CSUSA.

Take care.

Bruce[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom