More Antlers for the Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Brought this load of antlers home today. When my dad passed away last April, I claimed all of his antlers knowing my brothers would not have any use for them. I brought one pickup load home last summer. Picked up the 2nd load this morning. I should get the rest of the antlers in one more pickup load.

Then I will have a pickup load of leather to clear out of my dad's shop. After that, I will have my part of my dad's shop cleaned out. My little shop is packed full of antlers now with barely room to walk.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

:laugh:Hey, ole buddy, ole pal, next door neighbor, fellow Texan; how much of it are you willing to part with, and under what terms?

CREID

Don't be fooled by those that say they are your friend.:) I be your real old buddy old pal. What was you name again.:biggrin:

JohnU

That's quite a collection! I see elk, moose, and what looks like whitetail and axis. I bet there are some fond memories and great stories to go along with them.

Sataro

My dad was a hunter. He hunted whitetail deer in Texas and Arkansas. Later years of his life he started elk hunting in Colorado. He was also a hog hunter. He hunted wild hogs nearly nightly up until his death.

He was also into making knives, lamps, chairs, & chandeliers out of antlers. That was why he had so many antlers. Each year while elk hunting he would take a few knives with him & trade for a pickup load of antlers to bring back home. Then he would spend all year making things out of antler. Needless to say I've never had to buy antler for my pen turning. He always kept me supplied.

This is a pic of my dad with his favorite hat he liked to wear around. It is decorated with tusks from some of the hogs he has killed. Also wearing a necklace of tusks he killed. He could always get a conversation started...

View in Gallery

Jgrden

It was a great day meeting with Billy. I would have paid good money to listen to him talk. The antler he showed me was well worth the trip and the cost. If you need antler, and he is willing, you should buy it from him. Perfectly aged, very little waste, knife handle sized and good color. He not only has good antler but is just one darned nice fellow.

gimpy

If you have some very large pieces and don't know what to do with them, my dogs would love to chew on them

Sataro

The pleasure was mutual John. I wish we could have had more time to sit and visit. I like to visit & talk shop when I get a chance. Glad to hear you are happy with the antler pieces.

It was a great day meeting with Billy. I would have paid good money to listen to him talk. The antler he showed me was well worth the trip and the cost. If you need antler, and he is willing, you should buy it from him. Perfectly aged, very little waste, knife handle sized and good color. He not only has good antler but is just one darned nice fellow.

Top Bottom