Morals and conscience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

H2O

Apparently by deleting my post, it clears the conscience of someone without morals.
To use someone else's hard work and stealing from a great cause is just unethical.

Here is the copyright infringement...shame on you for claiming this as your own design.
"It is our own design again and will knock your socks off we think."

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f212/lost-found-135177/
http://www.penturners.org/forum/attachments/f212/138473d1442763659-lost-found-panda2.jpg

Look here... WWF - Giant panda

Looking at the second link, it is clear that the image was copy/pasted and then either an erase tool or paint tool was used to trim the bamboo around the left ear.

Does this website and/or it's members support this kind of activity?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Apparently by deleting my post, it clears the conscience of someone without morals.
To use someone else's hard work and stealing from a great cause is just unethical.

Here is the copyright infringement...shame on you for claiming this as your own design.
"It is our own design again and will knock your socks off we think."

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f212/lost-found-135177/
http://www.penturners.org/forum/attachments/f212/138473d1442763659-lost-found-panda2.jpg

Look here... WWF - Giant panda

Looking at the second link, it is clear that the image was copy/pasted and then either an erase tool or paint tool was used to trim the bamboo around the left ear.

Does this website and/or it's members support this kind of activity?

Wow now your using the politicians word bites and taking the words out of the complete paragraph so here is the complete paragraph which clearly is talking about the new component set and some of the other newer sets.

By the way we will have shortly 150 Aaron's in the most popular plating Black Titanium with Rhodium Accents, 150 George's in Antique Silver, 50 George's in a new plating as a test and a completely new component set that has never been made available. It is our own design again and will knock your socks off we think. All will be available as roller balls, fountain pens with 6mm nibs, post able and non-post able.

Where do I say that the photo is mine? Also as to photo shopped this is exactly as I received it from another member here.

GaryMGg

I think it's a marketing question to gauge preferences.
It's no more a claim to have created the image than it's a claim to have created the Panda bear itself.

H2O

I don't think he is talking about the panda image but the componets of the pen?

Then why post the image...without the copyright symbol?
And then delete my post, rather that stating something similar to what you did?
Seems sketchy, like something is trying to be hidden.
I guess if the post is deleted, the conscience is cleared and no one else will know about it. *shady*

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well, to be honest, I'm not sure what you are trying to point out. I followed your link to the WWF and found lots of stuff about Giant Panda's but no picture like the one in your first two links.

H2O

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure what you are trying to point out. I followed your link to the WWF and found lots of stuff about Giant Panda's but no picture like the one in your first two links.

It's right at the top left of the page.
It's the panda. Not the bamboo, just the panda.
It's been their logo, the way it is, since 1986 and was slightly altered in 2000 to the exact panda in the link for the new pen components.

OKLAHOMAN

Copy right symbol?

Do a google search for the photo and show me the copyright symbol.Also where was it photo shopped according to the photo on google? And to be honest H2O when someone who has twice questioned my ethics I will delete their post, not because I'm hiding anything but because your just trying to make me look bad and you end up making yourself look bad. Here is the google link.
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...XQmL5yDVUyxfw0zZPG5fqJ15zN9kts9BjYnSrZsFkii5k

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

It's been their logo, the way it is, since 1986 and was slightly altered in 2000 to the exact panda in the link for the new pen components.
I really would never make a connection between the two photos....The face of all pandas I've seen look pretty much alike...the logo shows the entire panda not just the face. I would never think of the photo in Roy's ad as being one claiming endorsement of the WWF or as trying to ride on the coat tails of WWF to gain sales.

H2O

Do a google search for the photo and show me the copyright symbol.Also where was it photo shopped according to the photo on google? And to be honest H2O when someone who has twice questioned my ethics I will delete their post, not because I'm hiding anything but because your just trying to make me look bad and you end up making yourself look bad. Here is the google link.

Here is the photo from the WWF website next to your photo. Seem similar, notice the copyright?
I can point you to the website specifically for the logo if you would like.
Just because you find a picture on the internet, doesn't mean that it's an original from the creator. Do you really think they are going to state it's photoshopped?
I'm sorry...you do look bad. You need to research before blatantly copy/pasting. You may not have looked bad, IF you had given an explanation in your thread, rather than just deleting my post.
If that image isn't to be placed on your kit, don't give that impression and remove the image.

I need to quit defending myself from a person that just needs to feel he's morally superior.

I've never claimed to be superior to you or anyone else, in any manner.
You wouldn't have to defend yourself, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

H2O

I really would never make a connection between the two photos....The face of all pandas I've seen look pretty much alike...the logo shows the entire panda not just the face. I would never think of the photo in Roy's ad as being one claiming endorsement of the WWF or as trying to ride on the coat tails of WWF to gain sales.

It's not JUST the face. See post above.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We are sensitive to the issue of copyrights, but this thread is not the right approach.

A simple "hey, I think that might be a copyrighted image" would have sufficed here.

The Acceptable Use Policy says it best. "Broad, negative statements about individuals or businesses are not permitted."

This is an issue between the user and the copyright holder. It's very possible that Roy was provided that image and was not aware that it might contain a copyrighted element. The same thing has happened more than once during the logo contest when someone included an element in their design which was copyrighted. I am sure that Roy will take appropriate steps to validate the usability of the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom