Months and months wasted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penultimate

Greetings
I was finishing up the cap on a kitless fountain pen that Ive been working on for at least 6 months. It takes me a long time to design and make a pen due to family time and work. For instance, i finished the drawings for this pen on 8/21. I was excited to finish it during my vacation. I wanted to show it to my Dad on Christmas. He taught me turning and pen making.

I was removing material from the end of the cap sneaking up on stripe alignment between the cap and body. I was almost there when I retracted the tool from the cut and spun the carriage wheel the wrong way slamming the tool into the cap. I was so devastated and shocked that I didn't even swear or throw anything:eek:. I trimmed 3/8" off the end of the cap and rethreaded it. Now the nib sticks out the other end. I'm not sure I can thin out the finial to allow the nib inside it. .

Oh well, I wasted months and a beautiful blue blank from Exotoc Blanks. :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Greetings
I was finishing up the cap on a kitless fountain pen that Ive been working on for at least 6 months. It takes me a long time to design and make a pen due to family time and work. For instance, i finished the drawings for this pen on 8/21. I was excited to finish it during my vacation. I wanted to show it to my Dad on Christmas. He taught me turning and pen making.

I was removing material from the end of the cap sneaking up on stripe alignment between the cap and body. I was almost there when I retracted the tool from the cut and spun the carriage wheel the wrong way slamming the tool into the cap. I was so devastated and shocked that I didn't even swear or throw anything:eek:. I trimmed 3/8" off the end of the cap and rethreaded it. Now the nib sticks out the other end. I'm not sure I can thin out the finial to allow the nib inside it. .

Oh well, I wasted months and a beautiful blue blank from Exotoc Blanks. :frown:

Throw something and swear. Trust me, you'll feel better.:rolleyes:

Curt

Drewboy22

Maybe it is not wasted. If I had only learned one thing from IAP its that everything is fixable.

What about adding a black piece separated with a white veneer?

Top Bottom