Missing Posts in Search

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of you have reported to me that some posts which you know are there do not show up in search results. You're right! There's a small problem with some blocks of posts causing them to be somewhat 'invisible' to the search engine.

These posts are all replies to posts which had been archived in the old forum, so you will only see this on topics over a year or so old. The original posts appear in the search results, but the replies do not. Nothing has been lost, they are just disconnected from their parent posts. The import script did not correctly process these posts.

I am working with the forum software vendor to remedy this. I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks to [profile]DCBluesman[/profile] and [profile]Leather Man[/profile] for pointing this out to me.

GoodTurns

Jeff, I have also noticed that some threads are ignored when you select "New Posts"...posts before and after show up, and if you go to the forum, they show normally, however, they are not in the NewPosts listings...seems random, I have noticed it in SOYP and Casual.
Jon

Top Bottom