A Missed Segmented Pen Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just to be open and transparent, I had an early entry for the Segmented pen contest that I simply missed when downloading the files. We've chatted, and I'm embarrassed.

But, enjoy and appreciate none-the-less.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 439
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 383
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

No need to be embarrassed Mark. It's not a big deal. This was my pen. I filled 7mm pen tubes with resin to make the circular inserts. The pink and white section is layered card stock. I wasn't expecting it to do well in the contest and entered it since I did a couple of things that were a little different.

Sly Dog

Very cool pen and I particularly like the 7mm pen tubes with resin - they remind me of portholes.

Last edited:

magpens

Very unique! What kit did you use? I like they simple style in a clicker.

https://www.rockler.com/long-wood-click-pen-hardware-kit-gold

That may be a "new" kit for Rockler, but it sure looks like the same kit that comes from Dayacom and has been available from CSUSA, and other vendors, for many years.

If it is the same kit, then I would raise the question of whether the click push button mechanism is a bit noisy and rough in operation ?

I have found that to be the case with the kits that I purchased (and they sure look to be the same). . I basically like the kits except for that (although they could do with some jazzed up re-styling), and I have been hoping the manufacturer will eventually redesign them.

chartle

Very unique! What kit did you use? I like they simple style in a clicker.

https://www.rockler.com/long-wood-click-pen-hardware-kit-gold

That may be a "new" kit for Rockler, but it sure looks like the same kit that comes from Dayacom and has been available from CSUSA, and other vendors, for many years.

If it is the same kit, then I would raise the question of whether the click push button mechanism is a bit noisy and rough in operation ?

I have found that to be the case with the kits that I purchased (and they sure look to be the same). . I basically like the kits except for that (although they could do with some jazzed up re-styling), and I have been hoping the manufacturer will eventually redesign them.

I have one at home, was going to use it for an entry but didn't get a pen in do to some family issues, but i can certainly try to figure out how load it is.

Top Bottom