Milestone - Give yourselves a hand!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to believe: 5000 members! Granted, a percentage are inactive, but still, it's incredible to see that number. We are also regularly exceeding 2 million page views per month. Wow!

You can ALL take credit for this. You've created a THE place to be for pen making education and advancement of the craft.

2008310141913_MileStone5000.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I clicked the post and while it was rendering - turned back to pen turning. With CA on my hand, I looked back at the post and was able to give one "clap"! ;) :D

Congratulation Jeff, moderators and all for a job well done!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by leehljp

I clicked the post and while it was rendering - turned back to pen turning. With CA on my hand, I looked back at the post and was able to give one "clap"! ;) :D

Congratulation Jeff, moderators and all for a job well done!

Lee, there is a got a clap joke in there somewhere, but I will pass.

Thank you Jeff and moderators/referees for this place to play and learn.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by gerryr

Something isn't updating. At the bottom of the Forums listing, in the statistics, it only says 4,989 members.[?]
The front page count is correct. I need to fix the other one.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
C'mon Skippy, get with the program!!!!

The inset shows 5000 members and has TWO names. Do a member search on the TWO names, neither of them has posted ---they show ZERO posts. So, NO, our 5000th member has not posted ----- he (or she) has joined the SILENT MAJORITY!!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ed4copies

The inset shows 5000 members and has TWO names. Do a member search on the TWO names, neither of them has posted ---they show ZERO posts. So, NO, our 5000th member has not posted ----- he (or she) has joined the SILENT MAJORITY!!!!

Like I said, it's still early, and we have a candidate to be murdered[}:)] Anyone over there like to do the honours?[}:)]

Mr Copies, there are FOUR names at the bottom of the page. I don't have as much spare time as you,[}:)]:D so I couldn't sit and watch the home page to see if a new name gets added to the left or the right.

Notice how brave I am now that I'm back on my home turf:D

DocStram

I feel kinda bad thinking about us hitting the 5,000 member mark. Truth be known, three of those members were sort of "questionable."

One of those members, of course, was "Santa Claus".

Remember back when a certain IAP member had that little ongoing battle with the chipmunks trying to take over his workshop? Well, "Chip" and "Dale" both suddenly joined IAP to continue their harassment.

I'll feel a little better when the count gets up to 5,003. ;)

Daniel

Congrats! I know a ton of hard work has gone into this, But it is very exciting to see the group reach such a huge milestone. I can tell you from doing group buys that a lot more of the silent majority are out there than you might think. It's amazing to think of where this group has come from in such a short amount of time. Thanks to everyone for making this not only the best penturning group I know of. But flat out the best group of any kind on the net that I know of. In most places you find people acting there worst, here they are at there best.... most of the time. even our spats are civilized in comparison to general conversation in most places. Thanks for just being you, loving the art and being a chatter box or a shadow. whoever you are you are a part of what this group is. Jeff and Scott, always an extra measure of gratitude for both of you. Your baby has grown up, found it's own legs, and has become bigger than all of us combined. Fine job and my respect for your courage.

Fred

I, like many others, have found this Forum to be the best place to come for information, instruction, educated discussions, etc. I have visited other sites that are similar to the IAP and found nothing that even comes close to what is available here.

Of course several consistent posters here also post elsewhere and that is good for everyone. Their efforts are further shared with the public at large and we all benefit from their time and experience.

CONGRATULATIONS to you Jeff on a job VERY WELL DONE. And THANKS for the IAP Forum and to all those that post here and further our hobby/love of the art of woodworking. :D:D:D:D

Jarheaded

Originally posted by skiprat

Originally posted by ed4copies

Like I said, it's still early, and we have a candidate to be murdered[}:)] Anyone over there like to do the honours?[}:)]

Mr Copies, there are FOUR names at the bottom of the page. I don't have as much spare time as you,[}:)]:D so I couldn't sit and watch the home page to see if a new name gets added to the left or the right.

Notice how brave I am now that I'm back on my home turf:D

Hey Skippy, how much are we talking about for the job? Nothing personal, just business. I like snakewood, maybe a dozen blanks if that sounds fair to you. If not, I might accept a piece of a 2x4. The job market is tough right now...LOL[}:)]:)

Top Bottom