Milescraft Pen Press and Other Goodies On Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Peachtree Woodworking is having a July 4th Sale and free shipping over $50.

I owned the Milescraft Pen Press and didn't like it as much as the lathe inserts, but I know many like it. This seems to be a good price. Others good stuff on sale too. That live center looks interesting! Enjoy.

eDirect Special

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Thank you for posting.

The "Savannah Deluxe Pen Press" looks to be the same as Woodcraft's "Woodriver Deluxe" pen press, which I have. I like the ability to sneak up on final press by turning the screw.

It's offered at a fantastic price. If anyone is on the fence about purchasing a pen press, here is an opportunity.*

Disclaimer: the author of this post recognizes myriad ways to press parts together, including, but not limited to: pipe clamps, quick clamps, bar clamps, bench vise, drill press inserts, lathe inserts, arbor presses, stomping by trained elephants, bearing presses, brute force, other pen presses, etc. . .
:wink:

KenV

Thanks for posting Tony.

That knockoff live center is a heap less than the $120 brand price. I expect it will take the Oneway penturners tip (about $15) that works very well with either mandrels or tbc.

Temptations Temptations

magpens

Tony,

If you are talking about the Item# 7559 for $71.99 ....

... You probably won't use the concave cone

... The ad doesn't say it is MT2

... You can get a live center cheaper from Little Machine Shop (~$30) and other places

Just giving you my opinion and heads up

KenV

You are welcome. Is that knock off live center any good?

It is their normal $119 live center listed just below the oneway for $125 on the online catalog. Jet also has the same configuration with the lathes they sell. Heavy duty multi bearing live centers last a long time and the bearings can be replaced. The threads on the spindle are 3/4 by 10 and can be handy for fixtures. I have made quick end supports for cushioning closed end turnings that thread on. Also use fixtures on the live center for turning ornaments

While this is a heavier duty many use for just pens, it covers all the other bases.

I do not have this one, but have purchased Signature knockoffs and while finish is sometimes less than perfect operation has been good.

Price spreading for live centers runs from about 20% of this one on the bottom to about 6-8 times for tight tolerances on the high end.

But $72 is a bunch better than $120 if one is in the market for such a device.

greenacres2

I hope this is on topic enough...

Would the Peachtree 3 Wheel Buffing Pad Kit (item 7000) at $54.99 compare closely enough to the Beall 3-On at $90 (Hartville on Amazon) to be worth buying for a novice??

It's not on sale, but with free shipping from Peachtree at the moment, the spread is pretty attractive.

(read elsewhere in response to the number of July 4 sales--"WOW, I could save enough to go bankrupt!!")

Thanks,
earl

TonyL

I think it would be. It is simply a mechanical device. I can email the one that I bought that includes 4 wheels that don't require you to change them. The instructions are actually in the Library.

Top Bottom