Mighty Weighty matters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
We discuss many "mighty weighty matters" here so I thought that I would mention that a year ago I decided to get rid of a few pounds - for once I stuck with my guns and I've lost about 75 pounds and weigh in now at around 180 - 182. My goal now is 175.

I found that not setting an impossible goal has helped. I said "I'm going to lose 5 pounds" and when I did that I reset the goal 5 pounds less. That way the goal never seems overwhelming or out of reach. I do not go hungry and the only thing I really cut out was sweets (that because of sugar) and I reduced carbs.

To those who would like to lose some weight I hope this offers some hope to you....I weigh now what I weighed when I got out of the Navy in 1959 and I have been lighter than this only once (in 1967) since.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Way to go! I have dropped about 35 pounds in the past year, but I still have a ways to go. Thanks for the encouraging story!

Scott.

Andrew_K99

That's awesome Smitty!! Congratulations!!

I could stand to loose ±50 lbs. I always start with the best intentions and fall flat shortly there after.

AK

OKLAHOMAN

Smitty, at our age that could very well be one of best things we could do to improve our health along without smoking, I quit smoking a little over 2 years ago, gained 80 pounds now need to lose those pounds. I like your 5 pound at a time goal, thanks for posting this I needed it.

Jerryconn

Did you do any exercising as well?
I just can't seem to get myself going, I need to drop about 50 pounds, lost about 15 4-5 months ago then just got out of the habit of eating less! Now got to start all over.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It's worked for me

Smitty, at our age that could very well be one of best things we could do to improve our health along without smoking, I quit smoking a little over 2 years ago, gained 80 pounds now need to lose those pounds. I like your 5 pound at a time goal, thanks for posting this I needed it.
I weigh myself every day and write it down and don't expect it to change much from day to day. One funny thing is that the last ten or 15 pounds have been strange. I might go three or four weeks without losing anything and then loose 3 pounds almost over night....then go another three or four weeks....

Top Bottom