Mid-Ohio Valley PenTurners Gathering

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
There will be a new Pen Turner Gathering!

NOTE: I was asked by Jason Rose (jasonalanrose) to create this thread to announce the gathering.
I am not on the planning committee and have no active role in the gathering - any questions should be directed to Jason.

Mid-Ohio Valley
PenTurner's Gathering

September 16 - 17, 2017

Belpre, Ohio

The current line-up of Demonstration Topics include:

Introduction to Casting
Hybrid Casting & Stabilization
Kitless Pens
Label Casting
Tool Sharpening
The Magical Skew
Casting Carbon Fiber
NEJE Rotary Jig Demo
Water Slide Decals
Faux Cigar Pen
Laser Inlays

Here are the links for additional information:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/454770878203378/

Looks like an impressive event.​

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I started to type, "I think I might try to make this. How far can it be?" ("Almost seven hours" is the correct answer.) I marking nest year on my calendar. Have a great time. I envy you!

Keep in mind the MPG: Midwest Penturners Gathering, May 18-20, 2018 in Wadsworth, OH.

Each of these meetings are well worth the attention and if anyone is able to, to attend. Great events, and the opportunity to learn and chat with those you have met online is a great day.

I hope to get to the last afternoon of this meeting (Mid-Ohio Valley Penturners Gathering), but Hurricane Irma may dictate where my tail heads...

Finishing up an IAP Collection roadtrip through Charlotte, Raleigh, Richmond, Atlanta. Will kayak the eddy behind Hurricane Irma!

Gregory Hardy

And, hey! Only four hours away! Mark - hold a gathering in Scio, New York. I have guest rooms, two couches, and eleven acres for camping. Bring your own essentials and be nice to my wife and dogs. I also have a generator, so BYOL. ("Bring Your Own Lathe.") Summer 2018. Be there or be square (literally).

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Helmet and life jacket, brother.

I have Kayaked my best days 15 years ago when my back and eyes allowed. (class III-IV on the Yough/Cheat/Gauley)...

If I need a helmet and life jacket, I know I will be 4 hrs previously gone! I will follow the roads to safety, then be ava to help if I can!

The MOVPTG should be a nice weekend, I hope to catch the end of it - Jason has done a great job!

I encourage everyone to consider attending. Nothing but a bunch of pen turners, blanks, vendors, casters, demos, etc... Sounds like a lot of fun. If all goes well, I'll be skeddaling from Atlanta Sat afternoon to catch Sunday demos!. (I want to poke at Mr Wines...). Be well my friends!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
And, hey! Only four hours away! Mark - hold a gathering in Scio, New York. I have guest rooms, two couches, and eleven acres for camping. Bring your own essentials and be nice to my wife and dogs. I also have a generator, so BYOL. ("Bring Your Own Lathe.") Summer 2018. Be there or be square (literally).

Truly! Last weekend I was at a dear friends house in Dansville. We finally went to a house on Lake Canandaigua . I go there 1-2x a year, well maybe less rescentlessly . So I have no issue getting to Scio!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
There will be a contest at the meetup as well. Here are the details.

Bring your pens!!!!
1. Best of show bring the best one you've got.....

2. Modified Slimline kit, has to have 2 tubes......

Not sure who will judge them yet, could be a couple people I drag in off the street or it could be the vendors....

Lastly let's do a pen swap!!!!

Please take a note card and write some information down about the pen you enter in the contest(s)..... no pics of them on Facebook or IAP from now till the completion is complete......

Have a good week!

stuckinohio

Well, I was waiting to register until the last minute (I really don't know why....) but the online registration is closed. The site mentions that we can still register at the door but it states:

"May be ineligible for certain concessions such as certain events and activities that relied on receiving registration information in advance."

Wonder what that means?

stuckinohio

Hope there is a work around for that! I have been focused on kitless pens for several months. I was anxious to see how others do it.

I know it's my fault. I really have no excuse on why I didn't register ahead. I understand if it's not possible.

Thank you for the response.

Lewis Schrader

Top Bottom