Micro tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred in NC

First I want everyone to know that I appreciate those who purchased some of my tools. I hope you are satisfied with your purchase, and are making good use and enjoying them. This last month before my retirement will be very busy, and full of the usual arrangements and red tape associated with working for a large company.

I am trying my best to finish a few sets of beading tools for those who are in my waiting list. I will notify each one by email when they are ready to ship.

Looking at what is available in the stores, I have been thinking about adding a few bits that can be used with the same beading bit handle:

Three-point or pyramid tool, 1/4" in diameter.
Round skew 1/4" or 5/16" diameter.
Detail gouges in very small sizes.
Micro-bowl gouges.
Micro hollowing tools.

Micro hollowing tool bit holder, will be similar to this,
which I made to hold a 1/4" bit:
2005121144547_BITHOLD4.jpg

These will be sold unhandled, to be used with one of my handles or with a user made handle. This will keep the price very low, and allow shipping in an envelope.

Hopefully if there is any interest I will have some of these available by February 2006.

NOTE: If you want to be put in a waiting list, please email me and let me know what you are interested in. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Czarcastic

Fred:
I didn't buy your beading tool, but I would be interested in the Micro-bowl gouges and Micro hollowing tools. Probably the "Detail gouges in very small sizes" as well. I am currently using re-ground dental tools for micro hollowing and detail work.

JimGo

Since it is still a "hobby" business for Fred, it some times takes him a while to finish everything he wants to do, but trust me, it's worth the wait!

Fred in NC

Dave Easysport, yes, you are definitely in the list.

You are right, JimGo ! The good news is that it will be only 4 more weeks, and I retire. I have great plans for next year. So expect some new tools and accessories.

Thanks everyone !

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Fred,
When I have been making my Christmas ornaments, I have been using an allen wrench that I too a bit of the outside 90degree angle off of, and flattened the bottom to sit on the tool rest. It has worked ok, but certainly not the best steel. Is there any way that you could make a bit for your handle in that shape?

Fred in NC

JohnP: I intend to make something like that, actually two of them. One will be pointing 90 degrees out, and the other will be adjustable to 45 and 135 degrees. The tip will be 1/8".

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Please add my name to that list..!!

Thanks.

Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />JohnP: I intend to make something like that, actually two of them. One will be pointing 90 degrees out, and the other will be adjustable to 45 and 135 degrees. The tip will be 1/8".

Fred in NC

Fritz, there is not much information yet, other than what I posted at the top. I will keep everyone informed and post some pics in due time. Most of these tools will be available in January/February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom