Members in Puerto Rico

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Sounds like the storm maintained a strong Cat4 the entire time it passed over Puerto Rico, pretty much as bad as it could get. I just read that the island is 100% without power. Combined with emergency response organizations already stretched thin by two other storms, this looks bad.

I know 3 people that live there, 2 from College that I have lost contact with, and one who happens to also be an IAP member (vallealbert) whom I have purchased many blanks from on eBay. I know a lot of you know Alexander as well. I think he is in San German, which looks like might have fared better than other locations. I'm hoping all three made it through the storm safe. Unfortunately, I think it might be quite some time before the communications are properly restored.

Lucky2

Yes, there's 100% power outage there. So, how do all the television networks still have the capability to still broadcast? With the power being out, I'm surprised that there is any way of contacting the outside world.
Len

Dehn0045

I guess I should have specified, the power grid is 100% down. Generators still work for those that have fuel, and satellites are still in space for communications....

eharri446

I just heard from one of our members, Pancho, who is a participant on the Triple Start Tap & Die group buy.

He said it is hard to communicate using email, and said that it is easier to get in touch with people there using Facebook.

I was glad to hear that he had survived not one but two major hurricanes.

Top Bottom