Members have spoken - we listened!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
So, I asked, "Do you want to judge the alternative ivory contest by membership poll or by a panel?" Sixty-three percent of the serious responses said do it by poll.

<center>SO</center>

I thought I would TRY it. So, please go to the "Polls" section and VOTE for your favorites.

Each of the three polls will have the top two pass into the "finals". Probably let the voting go at least through the weekend with the "prelims".

<center>GO HAVE SOME FUN - VOTE FOR THE PENS OF YOUR CHOICE!!!</center>

Comments welcome on those threads or here - IS this whole thing a good idea??? Could you care less about it??? Other suggestions???

Thanks for your input!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tmhawk

Thanks for inviting us to go vote for a winner. Those entries are works of art, fantastic. I was hesitant to vote since I didn't enter and consider myself way too much of a novice, your invitation encouraged me to vote and I did. Nice.
Thanks.

VisExp

Originally posted by ed4copies

IS this whole thing a good idea??? Could you care less about it??? Other suggestions???

Thanks for your input!!!

Ed, I think it's a great idea. I had a lot of fun with it. I got to work with some material I might not have tried otherwise. I got to challenge myself with some designs new to me. Lastly, I got to see some beautiful pens made by other people entering the competition!

I'm not so sure about the voting idea though. Being from Florida I'm concerned we are going to need a recount because of some hanging chad or something. Either that or our votes along with those of the folks from Michigan are not going to count in these primaries :D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by VisExp

Ed, I think it's a great idea. I had a lot of fun with it. I got to work with some material I might not have tried otherwise. I got to challenge myself with some designs new to me. Lastly, I got to see some beautiful pens made by other people entering the competition!

I'm not so sure about the voting idea though. Being from Florida I'm concerned we are going to need a recount because of some hanging chad or something. Either that or our votes along with those of the folks from Michigan are not going to count in these primaries :D

Hadn't really considered that angle. However, IF anyone named CHAD should win, I will try to protect him from the "lynch mob". Now, should a "Lou" win, having already been visually exposed to his "nips", I'm aftraid he will have to fend for himself.

Time will tell who our "winner" will be.

Thanks to all who participated by making an entry or two OR by voting!!!!:D:D:D

Top Bottom