Member Map

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />With only 62 on there at present, most east of big muddy, it is getting so crowded as to be meaningless.
Frank. Love to hear your suggestion then. Abandon it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by jeff
<br />
<br />With only 62 on there at present, most east of big muddy, it is getting so crowded as to be meaningless.

Frank, in the good old days you would pack up the Conestoga and move West until you could no longer see the smoke from your neighbor's chimney.

20051025164137_Conestoga.jpg
<br />

ryannmphs

I'm guessing BogBean has entered the wrong coordinates. His map dot says he lives in Sioux Falls, SD but it is located in Tupelo, MS. Either that or someone changed the location of the stated without telling me [:D]

Ryan

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by ryannmphs
<br />I'm guessing BogBean has entered the wrong coordinates. His map dot says he lives in Sioux Falls, SD but it is located in Tupelo, MS. Either that or someone changed the location of the stated without telling me [:D]

Ryan

Possibly he is just a huge Elvis fan[?]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
<br />
Originally posted by jeff
<br />

We need a bigger country. [:p][;)]

I don't know if we need a bigger country, but I was just playing with the zoom bars on the left of the map.
You can zoom in on an area of the map with the +- bars and then scroll left/ right /up /down /to get a more detailed look at members locations.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think the map is finished. It's members only now, and I added a link to a help topic.

If anyone has suggestions or discovers a bug, let me know. I was thinking about adding a link to the member photo album in the popup info window. That's pretty easy to get to with another click to the profile, so maybe not worth the trouble.

(Regarding filtering by state... I don't plan to do that. It's too easy to just zoom in to the area you want.)

Thanks for all the help debugging. It was fun to develop this. [8D]

dubdrvrkev

Well I found kind of a bug. My address doesn't really exist in the lookup so using something close it puts "vick" on top of my pin so there is only one pin, granted we only live about three houses away, and being that our zip code is not there we aren't in the right spot anyway. The satelite image of my neighborhood is a few years old... my house is a parking lot [B)] in it. I guess the snoops can't find us though. [;)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Well I found kind of a bug. My address doesn't really exist in the lookup so using something close it puts "vick" on top of my pin so there is only one pin, granted we only live about three houses away, and being that our zip code is not there we aren't in the right spot anyway. The satelite image of my neighborhood is a few years old... my house is a parking lot [B)] in it. I guess the snoops can't find us though. [;)]
One of you guys needs to move. You both have exactly the same coordinates entered. Since the last digit resolution is something like 15 feet, I think that at three houses away you should be able to distinguish the markers at a high zoom level. It is a shortcoming of the map, but there's room enough for everyone [:)]

Darley

Jeff look like I'm living now in the Outback of Australia [:D] every things was all right, but I see now we have clubbyr8 too in Sydney, do you thing are lat/lon been clashing? and another sugestion you don't have to do, but wouldn't be easy to have our map link under our photos link on the left side of Our post? just an idea if it's too much work dropped it. Thanks for this work I know now where some of you are living ( it's very nice to see the States map when all the name POP OFF like mushroom [:eek:)] POP! POP! POP! [:)] )

jdodom

When I did mine I also was not in the right place. I went to this web site and got a better lat/long. http://www.maporama.com/

Darley

Originally posted by jdodom
<br />When I did mine I also was not in the right place. I went to this web site and got a better lat/long. http://www.maporama.com/

Thanks Johnny for the link, great, I'm on my BEACH SIDE CAFE now[:D], to much dust in the outback beside I didn't have my leathe with me[:(][xx(]

woodwish

Actually to geocoder put me in the bay about 8-10 miles from where our house really is, but I still figure that's pretty close. Looking at the map is interesting where the concentrations of penturners are, and I doubt if anybody is going to really use this to locate me anyway.

cozee

What's the "land of Lincoln"?

The State of Illinois which was nicknamed such after President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was born in Kentucky and while still a young boy his family moved to Illinois were he grew up. His legal and political careers began here. Hence, "The Land of Lincoln".

53Jim

Originally posted by jdodom
<br />When I did mine I also was not in the right place. I went to this web site and got a better lat/long. http://www.maporama.com/

That worked sooo much better. I don't really like sharing my house with the cows in the field. With this prgram, my house in back in the city, where my mail gets delivered.

Great link. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom