Maybe we can help the President out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

He is all about keeping jobs in America then why not use an American pen to sign an American order. It should be a big deal and I bet someone will bring this to his attention. Maybe someone here could send samples to him and make this move and promote as giving a small company a helping hand. It really is not a bad idea.

I tried one time to get a gig like this in my Local union. We always give out complimentary pens to the membership at our annual Christmas party. we had an elder member supply the pens for many years. What he has is some promotional company make the pens with a different year and gets a bulk price reduction. But they are China made. I brought this to the attention of the higher ups about not being union made but when I made my pitch and gave my cost pricing the first thing they said was too expensive. So I got shot down before I even left the runway.:) We are talking 500+ pens

jttheclockman

We're already treading toward political - please be cognizant of the need to avoid discussing policies and issues :)

Andrew
assistant moderator

Come on lighten up you will know when it steps over the line. :):):)it could be a possible opportunity for someone here. You read here all the time people making pens for politicians.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
We're already treading toward political - please be cognizant of the need to avoid discussing policies and issues :)

Andrew
assistant moderator

Come on lighten up you will know when it steps over the line. :):):)it could be a possible opportunity for someone here. You read here all the time people making pens for politicians.

Agreed - just wanted to ensure people are thinking about how it will be read before they post. Discussing 'made in China' and the like is going to inevitably lead toward political discussions.

Just asking people to be aware of the need to avoid politics! :)

jttheclockman

Andrew
assistant moderator

Agreed - just wanted to ensure people are thinking about how it will be read before they post. Discussing 'made in China' and the like is going to inevitably lead toward political discussions.

Just asking people to be aware of the need to avoid politics! :)

OK Andrew, we understand you wear 2 hats and that was your moderator hat. How about taking that off and use the membership hat and join in on the topic. :biggrin::biggrin:

Flush1974

He is all about keeping jobs in America then why not use an American pen to sign an American order. It should be a big deal and I bet someone will bring this to his attention. Maybe someone here could send samples to him and make this move and promote as giving a small company a helping hand. It really is not a bad idea.

I tried one time to get a gig like this in my Local union. We always give out complimentary pens to the membership at our annual Christmas party. we had an elder member supply the pens for many years. What he has is some promotional company make the pens with a different year and gets a bulk price reduction. But they are China made. I brought this to the attention of the higher ups about not being union made but when I made my pitch and gave my cost pricing the first thing they said was too expensive. So I got shot down before I even left the runway.:) We are talking 500+ pens

If I had a Twitter account I would tweet him to buy American for his orders. That was a great point!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
To me, the last sentence of the article is the most significant.

"To me it doesn't matter whether the president is a Republican or a Democrat. Just having a president using our pens is pretty cool," Boss said. "I'd much rather him using our pens than somebody else's."

It's not about what he signs, it's about what he uses to sign it. The President needs pens. We make pens. Who will be the first to send him a hand made, custom pen? :rolleyes:

magpens

We make pens. Who will be the first to send him a hand made, custom pen? :rolleyes:

spanx; said:
Were do I send it?

I recall that "ladycop322" sent the Republican Presidential Candidate a couple of pens that she had made for him during the campaign.

So ... it has been done ... and presumably someone knows his address.

Last edited:

mmayo

Every president should have pens from us (IAP or at least USA-IAP members if that is more appropriate). I will get to work on one soon and will do so each time a new one is elected. Great idea

We make pens. Who will be the first to send him a hand made, custom pen? :rolleyes:

spanx; said:
Were do I send it?

I recall that "ladycop322" sent the Republican Presidential Candidate a couple of pens that she had made for him during the campaign.

So ... it has been done ... and presumably someone knows his address.

Michelle did, pens were pretty nice from what I remember. Although if I understand correctly any gifts sent to a sitting president are put in storage except for food items, they are all destroyed since the Secret Service has no control over them.

Top Bottom