Maybe spaghetti is supposed to Out of Round

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Just thought of this, why waste perfectly good pasta? Lived in a predominately Italian neighborhood in Queens, NY. Have some good recipes.

TonyL

It was finally changed to Middle Village. I attended OLH (the church was in the auditorium - class of 77 and was married there (after the church was built). Learned to play baseball (and paddleball) in Juniper Valley Park. My wife (also attended OLH) lived on 76th and Elliot and I lived on 77th and Elliot (60-47 77th Street, 11373). Then I attended Archbishop Molloy HS (later Fordham U). My wife attended Newtown HS and then Baruch. I think you and I discussed this. Come on down to my house on a Sat morning and we will do some turning. :) I am still friends with the kids/adults I went to OLH with - I know them for 50 years!

Last edited:

Bob in SF

Perhaps he should start more simply by turning a meatball between centers; then he could progress to single strand spaghettini, with or without some core drilling, and with or without parsley inlays. The sauce could pose a challenge, but worth a try with a proper chuck.

Happy Sunday to all adventurers.

Fred Bruche

For sure a talented turner, but such idiotic videos are the reason I stopped following him. One, I completely fail to see what is learned from these "experiments". Two, I find repugnant to waste food like that (for what I assume must be "entertainment purposes") when 25,000 human beings die of hunger EVERY DAY.
My 2 cents :)

CREID

For sure a talented turner, but such idiotic videos are the reason I stopped following him. One, I completely fail to see what is learned from these "experiments". Two, I find repugnant to waste food like that (for what I assume must be "entertainment purposes") when 25,000 human beings die of hunger EVERY DAY.
Don't watch!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North

Ever carve a pumpkin? That tradition wastes a heck of a lot more edible food than a PBS show that rarely shows food...

That being said, I agree completely with the idea of limiting food waste...but one box of spaghetti isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:

Ever carve a pumpkin? That tradition wastes a heck of a lot more edible food than a PBS show that rarely shows food...

That being said, I agree completely with the idea of limiting food waste...but one box of spaghetti isn't the end of the world.

Carving a Pumpkin is a choice you decide on your own. Seeing a video of some guy spinning a bag of spaghetti to make a point in my thought process is ...stupid. Wasting any kind of edible food, no matter what the food group, is in my honest opinion not right. I spent a year in a country so far removed from what we have here that the simple act of throwing food away was beyond belief. Maybe more people need to see starving kids up close and personal to see what wasting any type of food creates. I'm not a liberal person, but I've seen it up close and personal and it still brings strong emotions from me when I see kids starving, even in this great country. So wasting food really gets under my skin. Again, this is just my opinion.

Fred Bruche

I surely have never carved a pumpkin, not missing it one bit. This is surely not the place to have a discussion about such topic (ya know, just don't watch :rolleyes: ) so I won't elaborate further.
And sure, one box of spaghetti isn't much, at least from our "developed country" perspective. What bothers me the most is the rationale or lack thereof behind the idea of such demonstration.

CREID

Carving a Pumpkin is a choice you decide on your own. Seeing a video of some guy spinning a bag of spaghetti to make a point in my thought process is ...stupid. Wasting any kind of edible food, no matter what the food group, is in my honest opinion not right. I spent a year in a country so far removed from what we have here that the simple act of throwing food away was beyond belief. Maybe more people need to see starving kids up close and personal to see what wasting any type of food creates. I'm not a liberal person, but I've seen it up close and personal and it still brings strong emotions from me when I see kids starving, even in this great country. So wasting food really gets under my skin. Again, this is just my opinion.
Don't watch

CREID

I surely have never carved a pumpkin, not missing it one bit. This is surely not the place to have a discussion about such topic (ya know, just don't watch :rolleyes: ) so I won't elaborate further.
And sure, one box of spaghetti isn't much, at least from our "developed country" perspective. What bothers me the most is the rationale or lack thereof behind the idea of such demonstration.

Don't watch

CREID

He has a good PBS show on turning - my station dropped it, and I haven't watched it in years!
Not sure the PBS show is on anymore. I think it was done in partnership or something with a university. At least I haven't seen it, just the youtube videos every month.

Top Bottom