Map Pin Missing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If you think you've entered your postal code and country properly on your User Profile, and your pin isn't showing up on The Map, here are a couple tips.

Remove special characters from all fields in your profile
Make sure your postal code format is correct for your country
Make sure you select your country from the drop down box

Also, if there are special characters in your username and you are not showing on the map, I can change your username for you. (ex: there are a few usernames with "@")

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
No special characters in dalecamino Postal code and country are correct but, don't see anyone from Indy on the map.

Jeff...is it possible to change the "d" to a "D"? :redface::biggrin: No big deal if you don't have time or can't do it. Thanks!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
No special characters in dalecamino Postal code and country are correct but, don't see anyone from Indy on the map.

Jeff...is it possible to change the "d" to a "D"? :redface::biggrin: No big deal if you don't have time or can't do it. Thanks!

Chuck

You're there now. The updates aren't immediate, I have to manually regenerate the map.

Also, I gave you a capital "D"

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
There are now just shy of 700 pins on the map! I've received a number of PMs from new members who say that the map helped them find someone to help them learn.

To get on the map, enter your country and postal code in your user profile.

There are some international postal codes that the mapping software does not interpret correctly. So, if you see your pin on your country but not on the correct city, it's because I've had to use just your country for the pin. Examples are Barbados, a few places in South Africa, Peru, Lebanon, and Israel.

Reminder for chapter leaders; send me your chapter name, leader name, and postal code where you want your chapter pin, and I'll update it the next time I regenerate the map (lately about once a week)

Top Bottom