Making a big leap!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Well, my wife said jump, so I jumped. Moving from my original 1-car pen studio to a "Real" pen studio. I have rented a private studio space at the world's largest maker space - the Columbus Idea Foundry!

Pen parts, supplies and paraphernalia have taken over almost every room in the house and sales have been good, so it was move out the pens or build myself a doghouse. (The dog just got a new pillow bed and would remain in the house.) Since I don't know how to operate any non-pen making tools, it was decided that moving the stuff out was the wiser course.

This will be an adventure, and my sales rep better get some new orders, pronto! I've got new ideas for some interesting pens utilizing a fiber laser and the metal lathes, milling machines, the CNC and the blacksmith shop at the CIF.

Now I just need to make friends with a guy that owns a truck...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sounds very cool! How big of an area do you have?

You can borrow the "Wood Mobile" if it would be helpful.. Advantage if you are moving in bad weather - all enclosed! It's a 15 seat van used for a child care center, all seats come out - And a "helper" comes free of charge. My wife and I go to Washington Court House 1-2x month to care for in-laws, so I'm passing by. I'm also at the Ohio Pen Show next weekend (not sure when yet).

PM me if interested.

Last edited:

thewishman

Thank you all very much! I am a little nervous, but more excited.

Mark, thank you for your generous offer. Still making the moving plans, I'll know more in a couple of days.

If anyone wants to visit, just let me know. My area will primarily be a work space, not a retail space. My focus is the wholesale business, though I have a retail line I'm considering.

Thanks to Jeff's awesome forum and the wonderful community of pen makers, one of my dreams is coming true. In the words of the great Jackie Gleason, "Baby, you're the greatest!"

Top Bottom