MACAW Ring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wolfdancer

Banned
Ok I dont know if this is ok or not but you may never see this again. Yes the Key ring is all the way through his beak. I got up this morning and there he was with this ring in his beak. Jeff if this is not ok then just take it off. And I would say sorry. Thanks Rod

Attachments

• 100_9186.jpg
    100_9186.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

Well maybe it could be considered a piercing? Some folks pay lots o money for something like that.

lr

Skye

Aaaah, I was thinking beak-through-ring and not ring-through-beak.

I thought there was a natural area at the back of the lower beak where it's not attached to the neck. Yes on the left and right, not in the center. I worked at a pet store and thought I had seen that, but can't remember for sure. How about a better pic?

Daniel

It's hard to tell from the photo just how far back in the beak it pierced. But parrots (and Macaws) have beaks that wear down and never stop growing. sort of like our fingernails.
it may drip while trying to drink for a while though. I'm surprised it has not been able to bite through the ring itself. I know a cockatoo can bite through wire much thicker than that. I had a breeding pair of Macaws once and you get no second chance to stay away from those beaks. My birds where not tame at all.

Top Bottom