M3 no more US resellers email

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

First I did search but "M3" is too short to search for... I tried a couple other terms but didn't come up with anything. So if this is a dupe, please forgive.

M3 has sent out an email..

Buy M3 Mokume Factory Direct in the US

M3 ends Re-Seller Program in the USA
Some of you may have started to noticed that our M3 material is out of stock at many of your favorite online and catalog stores. The reason for this is that we have made a business decision not to sell our products through the US based re-seller network that we had established any longer. This is in no way a reflection on the resellers themselves as they have all done a great job and been a pleasure to deal with. After much research, thought and consideration we believe that our US based customers would be best served if they purchased directly from us. All styles and sizes of M3 Blanks, Billets, Flat Stock and Knife Scales will still be available on our company website M3 Metal Pen Blanks Turn on Wood Lathe .

For our international customers, we will be continuing to stock our re-sellers in Australia, England and Canada because we feel that they can provide better customer service closer to their customer base, as we will with the US customers.

All small manufacturers and volume purchasers should contact us directly through M3 Metal Pen Blanks Turn on Wood Lathe or www.M3Composite.com.

As part of these new changes we will be starting to stock the most popular sizes and styles of our M3 products so that we can ship common stock orders much faster than in the past. We are also working on some great new products to introduce in 2014, including a new line of M3 Titanium Mokume.

A few times per year we would like to send you an email with new products and advancements of M3 technology so please add this email address to your "safe senders" list.

I would like to personally thank you for your business. As always, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
M3 Composite Industries

That explains all the M3 on 50% off closeout at PSI.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

The prices look the same as my last order a few months ago. At least for the couple I bought - Looked @ my regular suppliers and they weren't in stock. Guess I know why now.

JJturns

If you really think about it all that has changed is the place you buy from. Usually if a manufacturer discontinues a reseller program it is for one of two reasons. Either the manufacturer is dissatisfied with the reseller or pricing is at risk. Since they were very clear to state it has nothing to do with the resellers and even praised the resellers I would guess price. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm seeing small price increases in labor and material where I work. I may be a bit selfish but I would rather see a manufacturer change selling structure rather than raise the price to cover addition margin layers.
M3 has never been the cheapest blank so I guess you could say it is not for the average person (whatever average is these days) but I would hate to see them raise the price. I would like to be able to continue to use these blanks because high end blanks matched with high end kits equal high end prices/profits. So I for one am glad to see a manufacturer do something other than just raise the price. We all need the resellers but sometimes quality products made here in the U.S. don't have enough room for an additional markup.

Fordwakeman

The only issue is.

I think the only issue for me is, I usually don't place an order for just blanks. I throw blanks on a order I'm making for pen parts and such. If all you are ordering is blanks no way to share the shipping with other stuff you order.

LanceD

I think the only issue for me is, I usually don't place an order for just blanks. I throw blanks on a order I'm making for pen parts and such. If all you are ordering is blanks no way to share the shipping with other stuff you order.

Not really. You order enough blanks to bring the shipping down to a minimal amount per blank. Same as adding other non blank items.

Fordwakeman

not on my budget. but for someone that has deeper pockets, a larger purchase could help with the shipping. My point was adding 1 or 2 blanks to an order.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
not on my budget. but for someone that has deeper pockets, a larger purchase could help with the shipping. My point was adding 1 or 2 blanks to an order.

Believe me, Darin---you are not alone!!!

MANY orders are under $100. But, with a $30 blank, does $5 to ship it really matter??

LagniappeRob

But only the US reseller program is being stopped. Apparently overseas resellers aren't affected.
For our international customers, we will be continuing to stock our re-sellers in Australia, England and Canada because we feel that they can provide better customer service closer to their customer base, as we will with the US customers.

For you the UK reseller might be a better option.

yaroslaw

You could be surprised, but even with shipping from UK being much cheaper, I get much better prices, quantity discounts and selection in general from US retailers.
If you know any Uk-based reseller that would give nice quantity discounts, have a good selectiond (and exclude VAT) - let me know, please.

Also, I have to say it - I've checked prices online on M3 site and it seams that prices gone up on some products pretty much! $35 for most solid colors 3/4", when you could buy previously for $22 from resselers minus discounts! Lava blanks - same price as mokume, etc:(

Top Bottom