Lumber Score

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A coworker of mine gave me this truck load of lumber today. There's about 600 bf of various woods here. About half of it is ordinary 2x4 and 2x6 pine, but there's a good bit of oak, cedar and some other stuff. I haven't had a chance to check it all out yet, but I think there is some maple, ash, and cypress and maybe some other stuff too.

His father-in-law passed away several months ago & he was quite a wood worker and metal worker. He built his own home, garage & workshop - all from custom milled wood. He also built a number of boats and many other things. The children divided up his tools, but none of them wanted all this nice lumber, so they asked me if I would like to have it.

I had to make a 2 hour drive to Port Arthur, TX to pick it up, but it was a day well spent.

That door on top of the pile of lumber is 8' long, solid core and never been used. I think I'm going to have another workbench very soon.

Attachments

• Lumber from Steve.jpg
    Lumber from Steve.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Nice haul. If you want throw some out, you can throw it my way (not a very far throw:biggrin:).
Pt Arthur is where I grew up before I moved to the Houston/Pearland area.

jttheclockman

I would have no problem making the same decision. Nice haul. Who knows what project lies within that pile of lumber. Have fun.

stonepecker

Good for you Edgar.
Nice to see that you have Reserved Parking for friends.
That door could make two benches if it is wide enough.

Hope that you post a picture of said bench.

Top Bottom