Lou Metcalf/DCBluesman collection items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

I was fortunate to call Lou a friend. On our last visit, he gave me several of his original puzzle inlay kits. I would like to offer them to folks interested in making a tribute to him. I have 3 boxed Jr Gent kits, one Baron kit that is assembled but not glued or turned and one Sierra Vista kit also assembled but not glued or turned to give away. The only hitch....you complete the pen, put it on a kit and either donate it to a charity auction in his name or sell it and donate the proceeds to a charity. One of Lou's charity selections was Autism related, not a requirement, just a suggestion. If you are interested, please reply here.

Thanks
Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I'm sure I don't qualify but, the gesture is inspiring. I look forward to the pictures of the finished pens.

GoodTurns

I'm sure I don't qualify but, the gesture is inspiring. I look forward to the pictures of the finished pens.

Lou would seriously berate me if I declined anyone who was willing to participate. If you have the skills to be gentle with the kit, I'd be happy to have you among the "workers"!

magpens

Jon, if you could, I think it would be helpful to post a picture of a puzzle kit laid out on a plain (white) background so that people know what they would be working with. I don't suppose those puzzle kits are the same as what is currently available from Lazerlinez ( or Kallenshaan ).

If you would prefer to not include me in this because I am out-of-country, I would understand perfectly. Conversely, if you do decide to include me, I would be happy to mail the finished pen back to you at my expense so that you could donate it to a U.S. organization.

Last edited:

Karl_99

I would love to participate in this. I had purchased several puzzle kits from Lou about 2 years ago. There is a colleague at work who has a son with autism. It would be an honor to donate a pen for autism in Lou's name.

Terredax

Banned
Thank you for considering me to be a "worker" but after the news I got from the doctor today, I don't know when I would be able to get it finished.
Please give my opportunity to the next person in line.
I will enjoy the pictures of the pens that become.

GoodTurns

I'd be game if there's one left....

If you would prefer to not include me in this because I am out-of-country, I would understand perfectly. Conversely, if you do decide to include me, I would be happy to mail the finished pen back to you at my expense so that you could donate it to a U.S. organization.

INTERNATIONAL association...I knew the risks going in! You scored the last one. No need to ship back, pretty sure Canada's got some charities that are deserving!

PM me your address.

Thanks
JOn

GoodTurns

I would love to participate in this. I had purchased several puzzle kits from Lou about 2 years ago. There is a colleague at work who has a son with autism. It would be an honor to donate a pen for autism in Lou's name.

If anyone backs out, it's yours!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I started on my kit last night. When I opened the bag and, looked at the barrels, I noticed a couple of things. 1. One of the tabs of a green piece was missing 2. The upper barrel was longer than the wood pieces. This is perfect for me! :wink: A couple of extra challenges. I think the wood may have dried and, shrunk a bit as, you can see the brass tubes between the pieces. So, I've painted the tubes black. I cut a disk of black ebonite to fit one end of the upper barrel to make the blank fit the length of the tube.(it is really thin) I'll see if I can fill the missing tab also. Going out to the shed and, get started on this.

Thank you again Jon. I think Lou would want us to have fun with these and, that's exactly what I am doing.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Jr. 2nd, we'll take it.

All done! I haven't posted photos since upgrading to Windows 10 so, I hope I can still upload them. Let's try! Ok, I made it! I'm going to be sharing this pen over in the SOYP forum as well. Just to be respectful to Lou and, Jon.

Thanks for tolerating me.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 87

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jr. 2nd, we'll take it.

All done! I haven't posted photos since upgrading to Windows 10 so, I hope I can still upload them. Let's try! Ok, I made it! I'm going to be sharing this pen over in the SOYP forum as well. Just to be respectful to Lou and, Jon.

Pretty impressive! I hope mine turns out as well :redface:!

Happy B-Day Buddy!!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Jr. 2nd, we'll take it.

Pretty impressive! I hope mine turns out as well :redface:!

Happy B-Day Buddy!!!
Thank you two times Mark! I have no doubt about your results with your pens.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Now....to complete Jon's request, I need to get this pen sold or, donated. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have never dealt with this and, don't know who to contact to, move forward with this. Peyton Manning built a hospital for children here. Also, Jeff Gordon has a Childrens wing at Riley Hospital. But, I don't want to just hand over the pen to anybody. Need some advice please!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Jon,
I just returned home from Holland and your parcel was there waiting for me..
I know it's for a Jr, but I will think about it for a bit and see if I can come up with something else.

Many thanks for including me in this great opportunity.
:wink::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Jon,
I just returned home from Holland and your parcel was there waiting for me..
I know it's for a Jr, but I will think about it for a bit and see if I can come up with something else.

Many thanks for including me in this great opportunity.
:wink::biggrin:
THIS will be good. :wink: Go for it Steven!

Top Bottom