Lots & lots of acetone on the cheap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
No, I'm not selling acetone. :biggrin: We should all have a little bit of acetone in the shop, but for those that use a LOT of it, you might wanna swing by your local Home Depot. Some have 5 gallon cans on clearance. Does anyone still melt plexiglass in acetone for finishing anymore? I think it was plexiglass.
28845810-AFB0-4CF5-9122-9A1615F26038.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

No, I'm not selling acetone. :biggrin: We should all have a little bit of acetone in the shop, but for those that use a LOT of it, you might wanna swing by your local Home Depot. Some have 5 gallon cans on clearance. Does anyone still melt plexiglass in acetone for finishing anymore? I think it was plexiglass.
View attachment 175409

I do not melt plexi but do use alot of acetone. Thanks for the heads up. will be checking Homers tomorrow.

View attachment 175409

I do not melt plexi but do use alot of acetone. Thanks for the heads up. will be checking Homers tomorrow.

Good luck. Just be aware that they don't all put stuff on clearance at the same time, so YMMV. Good luck.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I checked with my HD yesterday (in Southaven - Memphis area) and they don't even carry 5 gallons of acetone. :frown:

I would love to get that much, especially at that price. Consider yourself fortunate!

jttheclockman

Well I did some checking and the Home Depots that carry the 5 gal cans in NJ did not put them on clearance. But I now know which stores carry them and I will keep a watch.Thanks again for the heads up.

I checked with my HD yesterday (in Southaven - Memphis area) and they don't even carry 5 gallons of acetone. :frown:

I would love to get that much, especially at that price. Consider yourself fortunate!

Apparently it's not all that common. With the amount of dust that was on the can, it's not a very big seller anyway.

Top Bottom