Looking to buy Dayacom Jr Gent kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Hello chaps
I trust everyone is well?

I need to order 10 x chrome Jr Gent kits (Fountain) of high quality, so I was thinking Dayacom, if anyone could suggest a vendor which stocks these?

Also if there is a kit which looks near identical to this and is regarded as being of a very high standard, but it's just known under a different name please let me know!

Kind Regards
Brad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Hi Brad. The Jr Gent II is my most favorite pen kit of all time.

Craft Supplies USA ruined the reputation of the kit. It used to be that Dayacom was the only manufacturer of the Jr Gent II pen sold at retail by Craft Supplies USA. (Dayacom lists this pen as the Jr. Genteelness) They offered Gold, Black Titanium and Rhodium as far as I remember. It was great. I loved the kit and the quality.

A couple of years ago I think Craft Supplies changed owners. They decided they could get cheaper manufacturing elsewhere and the Jr Gent II fell victim to a cheaper manufacturing process. The plating was poor, the threads between kits did not match, the nibs on the fountains where inferior, and the overall quality suffered. At that time they added several platings. One of those were chrome.

Today because of your posting I looked up the platings available at Dayacom:

Rollerball Pen
131-4106 Gold Type
131-4156 Titanium
131-0371 Rhodium
131-4177 Black Titanium
131-4146 Copper
Fountain Pen
131-4108 Gold Type
131-4158 Titanium
131-0373 Rhodium
131-4179 Black Titanium
131-4148 Copper

There is no Chrome. I would suspect that the Chrome ones available are not from Dayacom but from the new manufacturer that Craft Supplies USA started to use.

A few months ago Dawn from Exotic blanks sent me a Rhodium Jr Gent that they received from Dayacom. The quality was excellent and was what I liked about the kit historically.

I thought they were going to start carrying that kit again direct from Dayacom. I am not sure if that happened or not. I would recommend calling Exotic Blanks though to see if they have any direct from Dayacom. Unfortunately I would not trust any of the kits that were manufactured through the changes in suppliers that Crafts Supply made.

I really hope that eventually all of the Jr Gent II kits not manufactured by Dayacom leave the market. Things may have improved since the last time I was burned by the new kits but I am not sure. Dawn and Ed would definitely have a better handle on it than I.

Hope that helps. I know this was long but I am really passionate about that kit and have been disappointed in what has happened to it when Crafts Supplies made the changes.

BradG

Thanks for taking the time to share all of those thoughts

The last ones I purchased, which I believe were from Rhizeng, turned out to be a total nightmare as they would not accept a standard sized ink cartridge. Admittedly these were £5 each and you pay for what you get, I appreciate that.

Skie_M

There are 2 suppliers in the U.K. That stocks then

wtf mate??? :confused:

Thx for the teaser. If we wanted to have our tails yanked, we'ld have been asking for that specifically.

Telling us that there are 2 suppliers in Britain that stock it just ain't good enough. Telling us which 2 they are would be stellar!

edstreet

There are 2 suppliers in the U.K. That stocks then

wtf mate??? :confused:

Thx for the teaser. If we wanted to have our tails yanked, we'ld have been asking for that specifically.

Telling us that there are 2 suppliers in Britain that stock it just ain't good enough. Telling us which 2 they are would be stellar!

A) I am on my phone.

B) am at work and don't have my list handy.

magpens

Hi Brad !!!

Good to see you again, and Happy New Year !!!!

Do you require Jr Gent II specifically ?

If not, you might consider Jr Aaron, Jr Abraham, Jr Antony (maybe Anthony), Jr George, Jr Harold, Jr Morgan.
Searching might be done best by leaving off the Jr or Jr.

I believe EB carries some or all of those, and I believe they are Dayacom.

Gary Pye Woodworks in Australia also carries some of these including the Jr. Gent 2 from Dayacom (not sure about chrome plating).

I am relying on my deteriorating memory so I hope I am not leading you "up the creek" !

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeesh, with pathetic responses like that really helpful one from you know who..it's no wonder people get fed up and take breaks.

Brad, good to see you post again. If the Baron kit is good enough, then Turners Retreat aka CSUK have them.
They have Rhodium Gents too.

Cheers

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Dayacom offers several kits that utilize the same platform as Jr. Gent 2 using the same tubes and bushings. Ed and Dawn a exoticblanks.com can probably tell you which ones they are. Some of them are available in Chrome.
Hello chaps
I trust everyone is well?

I need to order 10 x chrome Jr Gent kits (Fountain) of high quality, so I was thinking Dayacom, if anyone could suggest a vendor which stocks these?

Also if there is a kit which looks near identical to this and is regarded as being of a very high standard, but it's just known under a different name please let me know!

Kind Regards
Brad

Top Bottom