Look what Santa left last night!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

santajump.gif
:biggrin: Santa's reindeer had a much lighter load when he left here last night.
Probably overkill for pens and bottlestoppers, but now I can start adding bowls and platters and other bigger stuff.
Robust Lathes sure does make an outstanding lathe in the Sweet 16 and the folks there (Brent and Deb English) are a real pleasure to work with. Great power, stainless steel ways, and fun to use.
And it is MADE IN THE USA!!!
Gotta thank the LOML - I know I owe her BIG!!!
gordon

Attachments

• 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 665
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yort81

Gordon...I beg your forgiveness...but i am ignorant as to what kind that one is :) i am turning on a Grizzly 5979 (my first and only lathe) and the experience with it leaves me wanting....Something as nice as your Present from Santa :~)

MartinPens

Wow! Got a chance to work on one of those. A really incredible machine. If I hadn't found a Mustard Monster at such a good price I would have saved for that one. You are one lucky guy.

toyotaman

For some reason, Santa must have sent my present to your house by mistake. Since it's Christmas and if you promise to take care of it I will let you keep it this time. Enjoy........... Great looking present. Congrats.
Donny

bluwolf

santajump.gif
:biggrin: Probably overkill for pens and bottlestoppers, but now I can start adding bowls and platters and other bigger stuff.

You can always make small stuff on a big lathe, but you can't make big stuff on a small lathe.

Gotta thank the LOML - I know I owe her BIG!!!

Oh yes you do. I have a rule that I always make something for the wife first on any new tool.

Mike

flyitfast

Thanks you all for your comments...
No, she doesn't have a sister!! :eek:
The Shopsmith still has a life, but not as a lathe.
There is a chunk of Flame Boxelder on it right now.
and it is for the wife. It is starting out to be a box - hope it ends up that way! :confused:
I cheated - I left cookies and milk in the garage to make it easier for Santa to get in!
The Robust Lathes are found at: www.turnrobust.com/The_Lathes.html. Brent (owner and video star) is a great person and Robust is a great company. :good::good::good:
And Donny, I will take excellent care of it for you!
And, I really tried hard to be good this year - now I don't have to try so hard next year! :biggrin:
Happy New Year to all.
gordon

bradbn4

That is a quality lathe no question about it - tho I am not sure if I would have went to the American beauty - or the liberty to get the movable head stock.

If I had to ever replace my current lathe - and my budget would support it - that late would be on the short list for sure.

flyitfast

I thought about the American Beauty, but the movable headstock is more than I need, especially since I can never see turning anything bigger than 32". The Sweet 16 will handle that inboard. And the footprint is small enuf for my garage space.
I hope you can get the American Beauty in the future. You can really go "big" with that one.
gordon

bradbn4

I thought about the American Beauty, but the movable headstock is more than I need, especially since I can never see turning anything bigger than 32". The Sweet 16 will handle that inboard. And the footprint is small enuf for my garage space.
I hope you can get the American Beauty in the future. You can really go "big" with that one.
gordon

Don't tell my budget this, but I have though that the liberty size one would fit wonderfully in my basement (no 220 access) to allow me to play when the unheated garage is just too cold for me to play with my large lathe.

It sure looks like you thought hard an long witch of the lathes would work best for you. I guess there is more than cheese that's a good export from Wisconsin.

Top Bottom