Longwood kit experiences??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I was looking at the kit on the PSI website. Does it have the larger finial like the Berea Streamline? How does the kit go together? Does it have a long brass top tube or are they standard slimline lengths with the bottom tube sliding up into the top tube? Do I need new bushings or does it use the same size as the streamline kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BogBean

I have some long wood kits but have not got around to finishing any yet. The kit has three tubes. 1 is 2.028" long and the other two are .966" long. There are 3 bushings the tip od is .328" the center bushing has a step the large end od is .418" and the small end is .273" the cap bushing od is .519

Dan

I've made a number of these kits and love every one. My only sore spot is that I don't care for the clip design. Otherwise I think the Longwood is one on the more thoughtfully designed kits intended to really show the wood.

I made one for my Son-in-Law (a short-haul truck driver) and he loves it. He's found a way to twist it "open" with one hand. He's got the coolest pen in the terminal and has had lots of comments on it.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I make "long wood" style pens with a plain old slim line kit.
The top barrel has a tube in only half of it.
Take a look at the instructions on the PSI site and you probably can figure it out.
No need for another kit.
I have also made "long woods" using "Parker style"kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom