Live/Dead Centers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

What are your opinions on the best supplier for live and dead centers (MT2)? I know there are some really cheap off brand stuff. I was wondering what to stay away from as well as where some of you bought yours?

(PS do any of you have an extra set of slimline bushings for turning without a mandrel that I can purchase?)

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Just be sure to order machine tool type centers. They are hardened. Many (most?) sold for woodturning are soft steel and will give you problems. I don't think brand is as important as knowing what you are buying. For the record, I buy Grizzly because the store is a couple hours from my home, I visit the area often and I like grizzly bears. And they have several on display. If you go, just be careful feeding them.

sbell111

I bought a couple of Grizzly live centers off Amazon. They were only $11.95 each. They are the same price on the Grizzly site, but I needed some other stuff from Amazon. They also had the PSI ones for a few dollars more. The PSI ones qualified for free shipping if you order included $25 worth of 'super saver' items.

Top Bottom