Letter sent to Dayacom - Comments Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I have sent the following letter to both: dayacom@ms13.hinet.net

and to: sales@dayacom.com.tw

Feel free to comment. . And feel free to copy and resend if you agree.
If enough people complain, maybe they will modify the design.

Hello,

Re: Dayacom Long Wood Click Pen Kit

I make a lot of pens.

I have used the Long Wood Click Pen Kit that you manufacture.

It is the perfect length for me.

But, it is a very ugly design, and the click mechanism is very rough and noisy.

Please, do a new design for this pen.

When you do the new design, also make the tube a smaller diameter.

The tube does not have to be 3/8". It could be 8 mm and that would be much better, allowing more creativity on the blank.

I hope you will reply to me, and I hope you will do a new design for this pen kit.

Thank you,

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have sent the following letter to both: dayacom@ms13.hinet.net

and to: sales@dayacom.com.tw

Feel free to comment. . And feel free to copy and resend if you agree.
If enough people complain, maybe they will modify the design.

Hello,

I make a lot of pens.
But, it is a very ugly design, and the click mechanism is very rough and noisy.
Please, do a new design for this pen.
When you do the new design, also make the tube a smaller diameter.
The tube does not have to be 3/8". It could be 8 mm and that would be much better, allowing more creativity on the blank.
I hope you will reply to me, and I hope you will do a new design for this pen kit.

Thank you,

Hi Mal just a few suggestions on wording. (Q: Do you WANT Dayacom to consider your suggestions? - then be polite!): I have no experience with this kit, just reading your email message.

"I make a lot of pens.
My customers are not really happy with the overall design (Insert a few specific suggestions!!!), and the click mechanism is very rough and noisy in our opinion. (any possibilities for a better mechanism)?

Please consider a modified design with these suggestions and others you may have received.

A smaller tube size may also assist in sales.

I Thank you in advance for any consideration you may offer.

Cheerfully, a current customer"

Just a thought on working with a respectable company to modify a product. (Like steering an elephant). :tongue:

CREID

I used to be in sales for a manufacturing company. When a customer wanted something special, the first thing we wanted to know was. How much do you want? By saying you do a lot, that could mean 10 a year or a thousand. Is a thousand a year even enough for them to redesign a pen. They also will have to take into consideration how popular this pen is already ( I have no idea myself ).
You did the right thing to ask for others who think the same about the pen to contact them also. But you might have done some research first and seen if anyone else (preferably a lot) felt the same way as you. There is power in numbers.
I do hope you get a response and please let us know what they say.

magpens

I take your points kindly, Mark .... perhaps I should have been more polite. . Thanks for suggestions. . My letter IS a bit "rough".

But you know, "polite" doesn't always work when you want to get attention !!!! (political scenarios come to mind). . Hey ! I got yours !!

To answer both you and Curt, I have done informal polls of both pen-makers and vendors of pen kits. . The pen-makers whom I have polled unanimously agree with me. . The vendors are totally indifferent to my concerns about this particular kit.

This pen kit has been around for donkeys' years and the manufacturer couldn't help but know its characteristics that I object to.

As far as quantity goes, Curt, the MOQ is too high to consider for me alone ... that's why I am appealing to the membership.

Now ... maybe I should go back and reword the letter .... :):):) ....
.... but Mark has already done that, so I can just copy and paste. Thanks Mark !

Last edited:
Top Bottom