Lesson Learned the "hard" way

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

Our Daughter and her boyfriend came over yesterday for a visit and the boyfriend had his Bicycle with them so I decided I needed to ride his bike, now back in the day about 25 years ago I was quite the bike rider (Note that I said about 25 years ago) so after riding it around for a while and getting the feel for his bike I decided I needed to Pop a Wheelie and ride it down the driveway. Well let's just say that asphalt does not have a lot of "give" in it and it's not 25 years ago. And kudos to my wife, she at least waited until she knew I was not bleeding before LAUGING her butt off!! Thank God she did not have a camera with her LOL. Lesson learned!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

That is funny. Something similar happen when my brother tried to ride my sons bike. He never lived down the fact that we had to patch his knee with a Cotex pad.

Fred

That is funny. Something similar happen when my brother tried to ride my sons bike. He never lived down the fact that we had to patch his knee with a Cotex pad.

Had an incident many years ago whereby I cut off a 'small' mole on my neck while shaving. Have you ever wondered what it is be like to walk around with a Kotex pad on your neck because there were no other bandages available? Not only one, but an entire box full was used in four days ... Thank goodness that Polaroid pictures fade over some 40 plus years time! I am also glad that I have never, knock on some exotic wood species, drilled myself to the extent that I needed a Tampon to stop the bleeding! :eek:

sbell111

Are there no pharmacies, grocers or department stores where you people live? If I needed a bandage and didn't have any, I'd go buy some.

Are there no pharmacies, grocers or department stores where you people live? If I needed a bandage and didn't have any, I'd go buy some.

With my skills (really lack thereof) I keep bandages, band-aids, and antiseptics in my shop... they get used more often than I like. :biggrin:

Little knicks and scrapes I just do a dollop of CA... that stuff burns:frown::eek:, but will seal a small wound. :)

Top Bottom