Lathe pen press - Page 4 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2018, 07:09 AM   #31 (permalink)

Photos: 41

Great. Thank you. I have CBN wheels, so I won't have a problem sharpening it. They stay sharp for so long, that I will be able to use it at the center and just bring it home from time to time to sharpen, honing it on a diamond hone as needed at the center.

sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Photos: 41

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That is from my three turners. I gave them the loot I collected over the holidays. A 4jaw chuck from Taig, a Jacob's chuck for drilling on the lathe, the pen press for the lathe, and a 15mm carbide roughing tool my husband made each of them. (He is also making them a 12mm round carbide finishing tool, but the inserts are coming by passenger pigeon from China and won't be here for several weeks.

The turning tools were also a big hit. I kept the scraper and the carbide skew for the center...the skew because I can sharpen it with my CBN wheels, and the scraper because we don't have one! The rest I divided among them. Came out with one extra parting tool, and one extra small skew. We can use them at the center.

I cut and drilled blanks for the handles for the carbide tool and each of them turned their own handle today. Happy campers.

Thank you all for helping us, and thank you to mredburn for telling us about the 4 jaw chucks.

Last edited by sbwertz; 01-09-2019 at 07:42 PM.
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads