Laser question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It would depend on what you wanted engraved, for a one line name there is no rotary needed. If you are looking to go around a pen barrel, then a rotary is used.

Sylvanite

I have three different rotary attachments for my laser engraver. I bought the first one with the engraving machine. The second one is a similar design (rollers) but better constructed. I got the third (with chuck jaws) to do small items like pens. I sometimes still do single-line pen engraving with a flat fixture, but wrap-around images and multiple lines really need the rotary.

Regards,
Eric

bmac

opinion

These are some pictures of the rotary attachment that my engraver has and pictures of a jig that I turned hoping that she could put the logo that I have an order for on some pens.
I would appreciate any comments yay or nay on if it may work or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0111 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_0111 (600x800).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0112 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_0112 (600x800).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0116 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0116 (800x600).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 82

low_48

There is not a lot of surface area there to drive the pen. It will center well, but smooth wood against smooth metal on the pen isn't going to drive much. And if it slips, it's a scrap pen. You are going to need some way to lock on the pen with more than friction. Are you going for two lines, or a graphic that will partially wrap around the pen. For two lines, I locate the pen in a v block on the laser bed. Burn a line, rotate the pen and burn line two. It's not too accurate for locating, but easy. I sent you a PM describing my adaptors.

Top Bottom