Lacquer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

I am looking for some spray paint ( flat/matte black) lacquer.. I have exhausted all avenues in Canada and all most half the US. All companies say it's been discontinued. So if anyone knows of a source I would appreciate the info.
Thanks
Lin

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 130
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
WOW, am I surprised! I did a search too.

Being a trouble shooter I did look for alternatives - which you are not looking for, BUT, depending on the situation "might" work:

There are several black glossy and one Simi-gloss (Seymour 20-1679 PBE Professional Trim Spray Paint, Semi-Gloss Black) on amazon.

. . . THEN there are FLAT Clear lacquer sprays that "might" work over the gloss.

Not what you want but "could" be worth a try.

Silverado

Try this place in Ottawa. They mix Spray Bombs. MPS Metro Automotive & Industrial Supply

Jolly Red

Could the gloss on the lacquer be removed? Seems to me I remember reading about using fine steel wool and wax to modify the gloss in finishes.

lorbay

Thanks for all the recommendations I have pursued most of them with no luck yet. Also I have thought about the gloss and cutting back with steel wool but that doubles my work as it is production work and I won't get anymore money for it.
Lin

Top Bottom