Kudos to GluBoost

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cozee

Turned a Woodcraft Wrench Click Pen last night. Dressed it with R-W-B Spectra Ply and finished it with GluBoost. My first time working with this finish and have nothing but good to say about it. Great product. Well, I would change one thing and that would be the size of the hole in the tip on the thin bottle. Woo boy, that first application was like a flood! IMG_8281.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I also like it, but I am finding that I consume more accelerator than "advertised" and I really have to ensure that the ambient temp is at least 70. When that had their last sale, I bought twice as much accelerator. Maybe as my shop warms up, I will need less accelerator. I also let it sit o/n (or about 8 hours) before sanding.

JohnU

That turned out nice!

I haven't had any problems with a finish since I switched to Gluboost. I don't even wait before sanding. I recorded myself during my Christmas pen making (about 60 for gifts) and was able to turn, sand, apply finish, micromesh and plastic polish all in 5 minutes. Turned out beautiful. I don't usually see how fast I can go but I was curious since I had so much practice with the group. I don't use a lot of Accelerator. I hold the can about 10" out and one quick spray. It's far enough back for the pattern to open up and cover the entire blank. Can't say enough good about Gluboost!

Last edited:

PenPal

Cozee I remember long ago at a convention of Penturners in the USA you were attending I spoke on the phone to Don Nicholas my mate then to you and how welcome you made me feel. Your track record of assisting and service is noted and appreciated by me,Thank You .

I have been looking at Glu Boost from over here ,its not viable here yet ,appreciate your observations and pen.

Kind regards.

Peter.

Top Bottom