Kona Coffee?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

Yes I am spoiled. I LOVE KONA. My source has move back to the mainland. Bummer for both of us. Anyone know of a good online source? Or a good coffee forum?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lkorn

I used to think that Kona wa the best, BUT... on a recent (2001) trip to Costa Rica, I found what I feel is the best coffee I ever tasted, at least from the five continents I've travelled. Give "www.cafebritt.com" a try. Very smooth, robust, and doesn't get bitter if you overdose the maker.
Just my personal taste.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I think Kona is overrated, and I agree with Larry, Costa Rica grows some fine coffee. I've gone through a few pounds of Ethiopian Harrar recently and it was great. We have a couple of good roasters in Cleveland, so I buy in bulk every couple weeks. I have a friend who uses http://euroroast.com/ and is satisfied.

tipusnr

Try Cup O' Joe's. My son works for them and they compete directly with Starbucks. They do their own roasting and have access to many kinds of beans - worldwide. I can't remember the name but there is a coffee plantation on Kauai that sells directly.

rtparso

My past favorites are Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and Sumatre Mandheling and I had a pound from ISOM that was great (but I could not sleep for a week). I like a strong cup but if I drink a few cups in the AM I can't go shooting in the PM with out a bench. The Kona has a lower caffeine and can be brewed strong with out getting bitter. In a town of 25000 there is only one restaurant that grinds their own bean and no one roasts with in 200 miles.

TheHeretic

I do know the Kenyan AAA is also a very rich good coffee. Honestly thought I dont normaly drink coffee, but if it is Kona I will always take a cup.

Alas I dont know where ya can get it.

Dean
Columbus OH

rtjw

Cant drink coffee anymore. Actually found out the hard way that caffiene actually relaxes your stomach muscles. Mine quit working for 4 years. Had to take medicine the whole time to get my muscles in my stomach to work. I wasnt digesting food and so it would just sit there. I could eat about 2 tablespoons and then feel that I was about to pop from being full. I drink 95% water now, a little bit of sprite now instead of Dr. Pepper and very very little tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom