Kitless ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KLJ

If all you used from a kit was the transmission would the pen be considered a kitless pen ? Thanks in advance for all who will help to answer this question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

frank123

I would consider it kitless, transmissions are sort of generic parts that can be purchased individually as well as scavenged from a kit.

Absolutely! Plenty of people use ready made sections... A transmission is just a mechanical device you're having to incorporate into your design. If anything that's probably a bit more tricky than your average fountain pen really lol

magpens

Yes, indeed ! . Kitless ! . Same goes for a click mechanism ! . Or a Boch or Jowo nib !

KLJ

Thanks for the replies, I posted this because of some pens I had made a while back and was wondering if they were considered kitless. I had not seen the post for the draft for the kitless contest, but the rules say a pen using a slimline transmission can not be entered into the kitless contest that there are other contest for slimlines. What contest would be the correct contest for a pen that only used a slimline transmission ?

SteveJ

The rules of this years slimline contest prevent such "slimline" modifications or a slimline based kitless. Because of that I will change the kitless contest to allow for the use of a slimline transmission.

Top Bottom