Kit recommendation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

I'm planning on making a couple of special pens in recognition of a couple of ladies in a volunteer organization who are retiring.
Any suggestions on an elegant kit to honor them? Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

I've been giving a lot of "Thank You" pens from Exotic Blanks. I bought a couple to play with and love 'em. I gave 8 to my daughter-in-law to give to other military wives who worked with her on volunteer projects. I am currently pairing them with Thin Blue Line blanks for local police officers.

My favorite is the Titanium Gold and Gun Metal: https://www.exoticblanks.com/-Thank-You-For-Your-Service-Ballpoint-TiGold-and-Gunmetal.html .

I have no affiliation with Exotic Blanks other than a very satisfied customer.
Steve

magpens

I would suggest the Aero twist ballpoint. . Small (just right for a lady's hand) and classy (elegant). . The Sierra Elegant Beauty or Elegant Sierra (two different kits) also have the "class" you are looking for but are slightly larger. . These latter two may be available as "click" ballpoints.

TonyL

The options are almost endless. One thing nice the Aero it is small drill size (23/64); it is also relatively "meaty" and can use less opaque acrylics - i still paint the inside of the barrel though. The gals i give them to love them. However, you may want to spend more on it. I also had women love the cigars and tritons. I was surprised.

More4dan

Majestic Squire would be my go to kit for this situation.

The Aero Twist (Elegant) would also be a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    472.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You want ballpoint, rollerball or fountain pen?
What's your budget? From a group or just personal?
Would prefer ballpoint or rollerball. The pens will be a personal gift. Thanks for asking. No budget constraints.

Rollerball would have to be capped--probably the ballpoint is a better choice if you want a "daily user" as opposed to a "collector piece".

Obviously, I like the "thank you pen", I helped design it. The aero is also a favorite pen. The statement that it leaves more meat is correct, but meat is weighed by the pound (in other words, more meat=heavier). Honestly, I have never weighed the pens and they both feel very good, in the hand.
Be sure to replace the refill with a Schmidt 9000 and you will gift a fine writing experience with any of the pens mentioned above.

Good luck!! Enjoy making the gift!!

Ed

TonyL

The also accept Parker Style ceramic gel refills. I like the mont verde brand the best for gels. Write "wet", like a rollerball, but no cap needed.

MPVic

Rollerball would have to be capped--probably the ballpoint is a better choice if you want a "daily user" as opposed to a "collector piece".

Obviously, I like the "thank you pen", I helped design it. The aero is also a favorite pen. The statement that it leaves more meat is correct, but meat is weighed by the pound (in other words, more meat=heavier). Honestly, I have never weighed the pens and they both feel very good, in the hand.
Be sure to replace the refill with a Schmidt 9000 and you will gift a fine writing experience with any of the pens mentioned above.

Good luck!! Enjoy making the gift!!

Ed
Thanks, Ed. I haven't heard of the Schmidt 9000 refill before - what is the unique characteristic about this refill?

Top Bottom