The King and his Throne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Got a new Lab a couple months ago. He is 4 months old now. I am guessing he will be 100 lbs in no time (He is already 42 lbs). This is his favorite perch so far! His name is Cooper. He usually trips me when I am in the shop. I have had a couple of labs in my day, but never one this calm and mellow.

Cheers,

Fangar

2005101622830_cooper.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

My daughter got a lab two years ago from the jerk she was dating, he's gone but we still have the dog. To be honest I am not a dog person and argued against it. But I have learned to love that dog, she is so much smarter than any other dog we ever had, plus she is one heck of a guard dog. My daughter only weighs about a hundred pouds so we are glad her lab is only about 60, small for a lab but big enough for us.

Fangar

Originally posted by woodwish
<br />My daughter got a lab two years ago from the jerk she was dating, he's gone but we still have the dog. To be honest I am not a dog person and argued against it. But I have learned to love that dog, she is so much smarter than any other dog we ever had, plus she is one heck of a guard dog. My daughter only weighs about a hundred pouds so we are glad her lab is only about 60, small for a lab but big enough for us.

We got this one for my son (Almost 3) and daughter (Almost 5). Like you, I really didn't want a pet right now. But the war department (Read Pants wearing wife) told me she was going to put her foot up my... uh, put her foot down, if I didn't comply. He really has been great though. Especially for the kids.

Boyfriends will come and go for my daughter I guess too. But this dog will be trained in crotch judo for just such occasions. That is if my doorbell that sounds like a 12 guage pump shotgun racking won't scare them away. [:D]

Cheers,

Fangar

James
Great looking dog. I had a yellow, chocolate, and black. Had to put my black down (heart problems) in Aug. Wife and I went to Animal Control and found Charlie. He's a 7yr old yellow lab that was turned in because his owners left the state. The vet says he's in great shape and he is 135 pounds.Fits right in with the other dogs. I don't know how people could get rid of a dog after 7 yrs. I' find a way to take them with me. Most older dogs never get a second chance, that's one reason I got him.

Don

darbytee

Beauty of a dog James. I've got a 12 year old golden retriever that's starting to get senile. I remember when she was that age.

The sad part is that the first thing I said when I saw your picture was "My daughter has that same picnic table."[:D]

rtjw

LOL, yea the ears were not like I like them so they had to order new ones!!

Actually, Where I am getting mine, there is a waiting list. If you are a member of Ducks Unlimited, then you know what I am talking about.

Rifleman1776

I love dogs. As long as they are somebody else's. I raised cattle for 25 years and believe a herd of cattle is less work than one house dog. You don't have to take cows out for walks to poop on the neighbors lawn. You don't have to make cows stop humping Granny's leg or peeing on her feet. You don't have to board cows when you take little trips, as long as they have grass or hay to eat, they are happy and don't mess on the living room carpet. I like your dog. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom