Just too cold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I decided to test a Harley design on the cnc today.

There isn't any heat in the area where the machine is located.
So after running the file, I took a photo and it showed some wavy cuts that I couldn't see with my eyes. I got a light and magnifier, and sure enough, there are a lot of wiggles.

I attribute this behavior to the cold temps, since this hasn't happened when the temp is over 50.
I wasted a very nice piece of Meganite and several hours. I should have waited until the end of the week, when the temps are supposed to be much warmer. Maybe I'll run it again to verify it's the temps causing it and not a mechanical issue.

Herb G

We have had a slight reprieve from the extreme cold weather here for the last few days. Last night was the end of that & Old Man Winter is back in town.

I was going to change the bulbs in our security light which requires the big extension ladder. That task takes about 2 hours due to the fact the ladder is buried in the garage.

But, I had a bad gout attack and my foot swelled up so big I couldn't walk or even get a shoe on it. So, naturally, when the warm weather went away, my foot swelling went away too.

It's way too nasty to be out there up on a 28' ladder changing bulbs in this cold.
:frown:

Top Bottom