Is it just me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

I felt like this a lot in school...

IMG_496322321356372.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

This ones easy.....its 12.....12 pancakes......:biggrin:

I just don't understand how that can be right... my calculations keep arriving at an answer of 6.375 cats. :biggrin:

Nooo....Your doing it wrong...See...cats hate water, so they dont like ice in their martinis...and they hate apples, they find them sour and they dont like the color green....Soooo....Pancakes....12 pancakes will fit on the roof:wink:

If you need any more help, feel free to ask...Im here to help!

SteveG

You are all overlooking the key to this...it is found in the co-sign of the sun baked apple pi, which must be cubed. And the real answer is that the roof is red. (Northern hemisphere only).

That is my story, and i am sticking with it.

Bob Wemm

You are all overlooking the key to this...it is found in the co-sign of the sun baked apple pi, which must be cubed. And the real answer is that the roof is red. (Northern hemisphere only).

That is my story, and i am sticking with it.

I was going to say the answer is 7, but that was when my calculator battery died.
So I went outside and my roof is silver. Does that mean that I am in the Southern Hemisphere, or has the apple pi gone off.:rolleyes:
All these questions?????????

Bob.

LMBO!! I chose to be a cop over a teacher because I couldn't figure out algebra! I threw the book away three different times and those aren't cheap! lol
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It cracks me up that people say they can't figure out algebra... it's common math that you use every day... you shop for groceries, you see a "Sale" sign that says 10 for a $1.... you only want one or two... how do you find the cost of one??

X = price of one. :wink::wink::biggrin:
X = $1 / 10 :cool::biggrin::biggrin:

sbell111

LMBO!! I chose to be a cop over a teacher because I couldn't figure out algebra! I threw the book away three different times and those aren't cheap! lol

It cracks me up that people say they can't figure out algebra... it's common math that you use every day... you shop for groceries, you see a "Sale" sign that says 10 for a $1.... you only want one or two... how do you find the cost of one??

So ten pancakes then?

Bob Wemm

I understand!!!!!!!!!!!
But what happens when you see a sign that says $1 each or 3 for $5.00?????????:biggrin: Where does that leave X ??

Bob.

sbell111

I understand!!!!!!!!!!!
But what happens when you see a sign that says $1 each or 3 for $5.00?????????:biggrin: Where does that leave X ??

Bob.
Beats me, but I sure wouldn't buy them three at a time.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I understand!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob.
Paying too much if you buy 3 for $5.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
with some syrup and the way I like pancakes 0 will go on the roof
Particularily if they are the buttermilk pancakes made by a local diner, that makes the best pancakes I've ever tasted. Including, those made by my mother who was a more than fair hand at turning out good pancakes.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If the original question was a serious one. People have trouble with word problems because they have trouble reading. Following threads on here often demonstrates that many responders misread the OP and answer a question that was not asked. That same misreading applies to math or arithmetic problems - students often misread and hence answer the wrong question or worse yet can't figure out what the question is. So, in my opinion, most troubles working word problems stems from reading difficulties. Think of this, when my father and mother were in school, they were expected to figure out word problems in their head - no pad, no pencil, no slate board, no chalk and certainly no calculator. I was a little luckier, my teacher did allow us to use the chalk board to make it easier for the rest of the class to follow our thinking.

Bob Wemm

If the original question was a serious one. People have trouble with word problems because they have trouble reading. Following threads on here often demonstrates that many responders misread the OP and answer a question that was not asked. That same misreading applies to math or arithmetic problems - students often misread and hence answer the wrong question or worse yet can't figure out what the question is. So, in my opinion, most troubles working word problems stems from reading difficulties. Think of this, when my father and mother were in school, they were expected to figure out word problems in their head - no pad, no pencil, no slate board, no chalk and certainly no calculator. I was a little luckier, my teacher did allow us to use the chalk board to make it easier for the rest of the class to follow our thinking.

Smitty,
I agree with you entirely, the problem is most certainly in understanding what the words mean, and your interpretation of them.

Somehow I think there is a bit of leg pulling going on here in this particular thread, or should I say "pancake consuming".

All in fun.

Bob.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Smitty,
I agree with you entirely, the problem is most certainly in understanding what the words mean, and your interpretation of them.

Somehow I think there is a bit of leg pulling going on here in this particular thread, or should I say "pancake consuming".

All in fun.

Maybe not as much as you might think Bob, put it to the test. Ask a question on here and see how many responses you get before someone answers a question you didn't ask...sometimes it's the first response. I'm not completely sure if it is people that don't read or people who can't read or people who just think you should have asked a different question and wanted one to fit their answer.:biggrin:

sbell111

Smitty,

All in fun.

Maybe not as much as you might think Bob, put it to the test. Ask a question on here and see how many responses you get before someone answers a question you didn't ask...sometimes it's the first response. I'm not completely sure if it is people that don't read or people who can't read or people who just think you should have asked a different question and wanted one to fit their answer.:biggrin:
Honestly, I think that the phenomenon that you are describing is more because people tend to stick to their agendas rather than because they can't read. Also, people tend toward laziness. It's not that they can't read and properly process the material. It's that they don't bother to do so. They skim the material and assume that they understand it.

firewhatfire

I read this whole thread and the only thing I understand now is the power of the written word.

I knows it power because I am now hungry, I think my roof is the wrong color and for some unknown reason after picturing pancakes I now want a side order of sausage with it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Smitty,

All in fun.

Honestly, I think that the phenomenon that you are describing is more because people tend to stick to their agendas rather than because they can't read. Also, people tend toward laziness. It's not that they can't read and properly process the material. It's that they don't bother to do so. They skim the material and assume that they understand it.
My personal belief that it is some of both. There have been periods when reading instruction in our schools pretty much nationwide was really awful and unfortunate people who went through the education system during those times are often lacking in reading comprehension skills and some are even lacking in just reading the words.

Top Bottom