Just don't understand people I guess - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Hard sometimes, but we have to remember a gift given isn't ours the second it leaves our hand.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..........
Paul in OKC is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefox51 View Post
Saw a post from a fellow penturner. Health issues were going to have him sell out and stop his hobby. Lots of people advised him to hand in - I told her I'd send him blanks and kits to keep him going for awhile.
Sent out the kits and blanks and they are now for sale online by same individual.
Really makes you wonder, and unfortunately, I'll probably think twice before helping again. Damn, I didn't want to feel this way :-(
Everyone is trying to make you feel better however it's still wrong. You gave a finger and they took the hand. It's easy for others to say you did right and feel good about it. Would have been better taste if they asked is it ok to sell or can we return or pay it forward. I'd respect that.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe
WriteON is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

I expect the best and prepare for the worst!

I work in a heavy generational poverty area that crosses ethnic lines. We had a clothes give-away center for years, allowing people to come in quarterly and get 5 outfits of clothing per person in their family. We gave away a weeks worth of basic groceries to burn-outs (house fire victims), tornado victims and to all at Christmas time. (There was a certification process, but not complicated).

One year, we gave the food and clothes away to one family new to us. Then the next week we got a call from one of our supporting churches wondering why we refused to give food or clothes to the family in such need. I asked the lady at the church to hold on while I went into an assistants office. From there I picked up the phone and read off the names of the family and children (and their ages) and how many clothes they each got the week before and described the 7 large paper bags of groceries. The lady apologized profusely and said that they had been "taken"!

That happens, but it did not stop us from giving.

Good is the enemy of Best

Last edited by leehljp; 02-11-2019 at 05:46 PM.
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Sue, I hope this isnt referring to me, as I have not listed any of them for sale, aside from completed pens, (which I attempt to sell to replenish the hobby). Iff by attempting to sell the completed ones offended you, I do offer my apology.

That package was a amazing gesture and it put my mind back in the right place, in more ways then just turning again.

I have although just sent a PM to a turner here looking for those kits, since they are not in-stock and told him to only cover shipping if he wants them, in keeping with the pay it forward goal always!
DennisM is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Not you Dennis - another turner.
I was and am still glad I was able to assist you!

Sue

suefox51 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 14

I will venture to say that it has happened to most of us.
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
― Stephen Grellet

Deuteronomy 31:6
Romans 14:8
firewhatfire is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads