Just 10 day to go

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well and you are 'pain free' soon.

Time to get more reading material and stay off the foot till the doctor says different.

robutacion

Yeah mate, lets hope the procedure goes well and that you get a quick and painless recovery.

Being pain free, is something that, is not as simple as it may look however, for those that are pain free, do not underestimate what pain can do to you, enjoy every second without pain, while you can...!

Be well...!

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Best wishes for a successful surgery & a speedy recovery Dan. You wil be in our prayers.

BJohn

Dan you are in my prayers, I will have your wife there also (just in case you are a grumpy patient).

Please keep us posted as to your progress.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you everyone for your prayers and good wishes. I feel very good about the surgery. Todd I have Tarsal Tunnel, it like Carpal Tunnel but in the foot.

Scott

My best wishes to you! I just found out today I get to have surgery on my foot on Sept 11th. They are going to fuse three joints below my ankle.

Scott.

ottotroll

Don't worry, all will be well.... and don't give up pen-turning... I chose this hobby because it is one that I can physically do - I have had Psoriatric Arthritis (hits the small joints from the ankle and wrists down) for 20 years, and about 10 years ago went through a couple of wrist fusion surgeries that ended up with no lateral movement and some serious control issues with 3 of the fingers - since I use a computer to make my living, I end up looking pretty awkward doing keyboard shortcuts, lol)

What I am saying is that God gives us the courage to do what needs done, and it always gets better - Good Luck!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. I wont give up turning just taking a short break. Evelyn has some other project for me to do that wont require much moving around and I can set it a regular chair. I'll be using one of the talents I learned as a Parachute Rigger and us a device a lot of home have. I may even share what I make.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Chris and Jim S. We are all ready to go...well almost.....a little bit....ok not at all. We are going to spend the night in Virginia Beach so we dont have to fight traffic on Friday. I noticed the street boxes thay have on most every corner....so we'll have to get down their before they roll them up.

Carl Fisher

Hey Dan.

I've been in a cast for 5 weeks now after I ruptured my Achilles tendon. It was a pretty extensive rebuild/reshaping of my heel and reattachment of the tendon. I haven't been able to put any weight on it this whole time, so I haven't been able to spend any time in the shop. 6 days from now the cast comes off and then I go into a boot for 6 weeks and start physical therapy to get the now short tendon stretched back out.

My point is, get what needs to be fixed done and life in the shop can wait. Find other things to concentrate on during your down time to make recovery go by quicker.

The bummer is once this foot is recovered I get to do it all again on my right foot. :(

My best wishes for a pain free recovery. Feel free to PM me to compare notes :biggrin:

Carl Fisher

Oh, also as a quick follow up. If you have to use crutches, take a look at the iwalk hands free crutch. I wish I had known about it before insurance paid for the crutches I have. Would have made my life much easier through this process.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Carl. I'm going to do just what the Doc tells me. I don't have any project out there that cant wait. I don't remember if I'll be in a cast or not but I do remember I wont be able to put weight on it for about 4 weeks. As for the crutches we are going to say the Doc to order a Knee Walker our insurance will cover 80% so it will cost us about $40.00 a month.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Time is drawing close, we are spending the night is Virginia Beach.. It's nice down here and will do one our favorite activities while we are here. No it not going to the beach. It walking down to main street and watch the lamplighters light the street and listen to the town crier call out the news. I can see why folks like Mike (navycop) like it down here is very laid back. I here that staring next week the may even let horseless carriages in the city limits, they are really getting big time. :biggrin:

navycop

Time is drawing close, we are spending the night is Virginia Beach.. It's nice down here and will do one our favorite activities while we are here. No it not going to the beach. It walking down to main street and watch the lamplighters light the street and listen to the town crier call out the news. I can see why folks like Mike (navycop) like it down here is very laid back. I here that staring next week the may even let horseless carriages in the city limits, they are really getting big time. :biggrin:

Where is that at?? I never saw that? Did you get catch in the rain we had today?

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I'm not sure about that Sharon, it looks like it would be ok but I wonder how easy it would be to get it straped on and off when getting in and out of tbe car. Now Mike dont act like you dont know, I see that I called it main street I should have said Virginia Beach Blvd. But you know it true, dont make e tell them about your ***** & *****. :biggrin::biggrin:

jcm71

Fair winds and following seas on this, Dan. SWMBO and I are both looking at knee replacements in the next 6 months.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hope today is a "productive" day. Maybe not the most pleasant, but if it works, it will be worth it.

Be well!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks John and Mark. I know everything is going to go well today. John we'll we praying the knee replacement go well.

Top Bottom