Jet mini lathe non vs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jack barnes

I'm thinking of selling most of my tools and trying to figure out a reasonable price for a
Jet non VS mini lathe in good shape. I have a good idea about my table and radail arm saws,
planner, jointer, sanders, but the lathe i don't know. what would you ask?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
It really depends on the age/condition. Mine looks like I drug it behind my truck for a week so I probably couldn't get $100 of it. It runs great and has always been good just looks like heck. If in relatively good condition the rule I was given is 60% of new at best. Someone else will be more help I'm sure.
WB

healeydays

I picked up a Jet 1014i in Carlisle MA off Craigslist 2 months ago with 3 Robert Sorby chisels and a Supernova 2 chuck for the $200 and it was pretty much an unused lathe. You should be able to do better though.

Last edited:

dogcatcher

The non variable speeds lathe are going way to cheap, simply because too many people are too lazy to change the belt. I see them selling for around $200 to $240.

jeff_in_AZ

I looked at the ebay ad a little more, looks like the
$280 price included a lot of extras. There were some
nice turning tools, chucks, pen press, mandrel, etc.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm thinking of selling most of my tools and trying to figure out a reasonable price for a
Jet non VS mini lathe in good shape. I have a good idea about my table and radail arm saws,
planner, jointer, sanders, but the lathe i don't know. what would you ask?
If it is in good condition and has some "extra" goodies going with it offer it at about 3/4 new price and negotiate. If it isn't in top notch shape ask yourself what you'd be willing to pay for it and offer it for a little more than that and negotiate.

Top Bottom