Jet 1221VS Wood Lathe On Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

Rockler has the Jet 1221VS on sale for the period 4/1 through 4/28 for 15% off the regular price.

Just got my Rockler flyer in the mail today and saw this price.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you both. I usually get the flyer..maybe tomorrow. Actually, if I was more comfortable with the Colt support, I would get the Colt. I will wait for show and see what I think. I just wanted to treat myself to something. When I get bored with penturning, I will have quite the fire sale :).

TonyL

You may be right...it took me 36 years to get bored with aquariums, chances are that I will be dead before I get bored with penturnng. I also want to get into making those little boxes. However, it only took me 3 years to get bored with fly fishing. :)

TonyL

I will love to see that. Why did you think in another 3 months given how long the 1221 has been around?

Herb G

Because they are phasing out certain lathes, but bringing others back.
My G0624 was discontinued for 3 years, then brought back as a G0624Z model.
Exact same lathe. If a Grizzly lathe has a T starting the number, it means temporary.
Or so I've been told.

Talltim

must be going good

Well I finally decided to take the plunge and get one only to discover they were out of stock at the new Kennesaw. They are ordering me one on a rain check. Can't wait to get it.

TonyL

Rockler's late March, early April flyer advertised the 1221 for 15% off. According to the flyer (which I no longer have), the sales ends April 28th or 30th. You should be able to get it.

Talltim

Finally arrived

Well our Jet 1221vs finally arrived. (We had to get a raincheck on the sale as it was sold out at our Rockler." Got it set up, which is not as straight forward as it might seem. In my opinion they could have a better set up for the bench hold down bolts. They have a small diagram that tells you the measurements to drill them in your bench. But that is a minor point and only about 15 minutes worth of frustration. I am sure the anxiety was exaggerated by the fact we were wanting the instant satisfaction of using our new purchase.

The difference between this and our faithful 30 year old craftsman, with bearing issues, is incredible. My face is tired this morning from smiling.

Top Bottom