Jerusalem signing pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Did anyone else notice? The pen the POTUS used to sign in Jerusalem looked like a cigar kit pen dressed in Bethlehem Olivewood, with the ever famous hourglass shape. At least, that was my take. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's happened before :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I tried googling a picture but have had no luck
I did a search as well, and came up with nothing.
Can anyone post a link to the POTUS signing with the pen in question, Please.

I watched it on Fox news. They didn't know what he was signing. Malania singed it as well. I tend to lose focus when she shows up :redface: I just know it was a book.

magpens

Yeah ... now that you mention it, I did see that signing ceremony when both Donald and Melania signed.

I think it was a Guest Book ... maybe in Tel Aviv when they arrived there.

There might be a video on Youtube ... I'll have a look.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yeah ... now that you mention it, I did see that signing ceremony when both Donald and Melania signed.

I think it was a Guest Book ... maybe in Tel Aviv when they arrived there.

There might be a video on Youtube ... I'll have a look.

I think you're right. Tel Aviv. Hope you find something.

magpens

I found it ... I believe Tel Aviv after landing at Ben Gurion airport . Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS7NWZSEyuY

You have to go about 3:45 minutes into it to see "the pen".

The pen doesn't look like a kit pen and the clip doesn't look like a Cigar clip.
Appears to be a two barrel pen with gold barrels.
But it is not totally clear and I could be wrong about the style of pen.

Last edited:

lhowell

It is definitely a fat slimline. Can't tell what type of wood it is but it is a hand turned pen.

for official documents POTUS chooses the style of pen he uses but they have come from Cross for a long time. Trump uses a Century II while Obama both Bush's and Clinton used the Townsend (Obama later switched to the Century II as well).

Cross has been the official supplier since Clinton but previous President's like Reagan and Nixon used Cross pens as well.

All of them have their signature either on the cap or body and are ceremoniously given as gifts to certain people after their use. That's why various pens are used for the same signature.

CNN had a great article talking about this a while back.

Trump sticks with tradition for presidential pen choice - CNNPolitics.com

You can buy Townsends and Century II's from Cross's website as well. I think it would be pretty cool if POTUS would use pens made by various turners to sign documents! Talk about supporting small business!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If you watch in full screen mode and pause it about the 4:24 mark, you can get a pretty good view of the pen. It definitely looks like a fat slim or comfort to me.

I don't know if it was the standard guest book signing pen or a special one provided for the occasion, but a simple olive wood pen does seem to be very appropriate for signing the Yad Vashem guest book.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I saw that too and wondered what kind of pen it was. It was a guest book and besides signing it , it appears he also wrote some comments. I wonder what that was.

Here's a photo of his note & signature, Darrell.

Attachments

• TrumpNote.jpg
    TrumpNote.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

magpens

What makes that link quicker ? . what does the t=230 at the end do ?
And I notice the youtu.be instead of youtube .... ??

Don't you think that "he" could have got up and let "her" sit down to sign ?
He got up right after "she" finished.

chartle

What makes that link quicker ? . what does the t=230 at the end do ?
And I notice the youtu.be instead of youtube .... ??

Should have started the video at the 230 second mark right before you get a close up look at the pen.

Youtu.be is a shorter url for you tube. Its a Belgium domain like .uk or .ca that works for YouTube or anyone else were their name ends in "be". Its good for pasting urls in tweets where ever character counts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom