It's official I am old

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Back in 1999 Tony Hawk Pro Skater was released for the Playstation. I was around 23 when that came out. Me and my buddies would sit around playing it, and when the Playstation 2 had Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, I was working at Circuit City. We played it a lot. Well I currently have a Playstation 4 and was going to get version 5 of his skating game, well I kept putting it off. I found it at Walmart a couple weeks ago for $9.00 so I grabbed it. I played it and showed my 2 daughters. Well now they are doing the missions to collect the stars because I have not been able to. Part of it is time and part of it is old age.

Well Marley (who turned 8 Saturday) has been the one to collect all the VHS tapes, because I lack the skills now. I guess that is the sign when you have to get your kids to do something in a video game, you are officially old.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

So, by my calculations, that makes you around the big 4 - oh. :)

I have a news flash for you Ed......the vast majority of us have either socks in our cupboards or food in the fridge that is older than you !!:biggrin:
I say I am 21 (with 20 years experience now)

stonepecker

I have REM's older then you are..........LOL

You younger people might know them as MRE's.

Yes, there is a freshness date on the package. But when you are hungry, you are hungry. LOL ( I just threw out the ones dated pre 2000 )

Woodchipper

If you were old, you would have learned on a Texas Instrument 99/a computer.
40? I have fishing rods that are older than that!
Bumper sticker- 40 is not old if you are a tree.

MTViper

If your daughters are more adept at the game than you ... CHEAT! Age and treachery will always win out over youth and skill.

And I have socks older than you. We've moved so the old food is gone.

Mrbbcrafting

REFUSE TO GIVE IN

I have learned that there are games that I am unable to play with my kids. Its called ALL OF THEM. Sure lie cheat as you may, but nothing stops a 13 year old who can swing past a corner of wall blow you away with a shotgun before you can even turn.. I am the official bullet sponge for my kids.. So went to minecraft.. I build a beautiful castle, they burn to ground.. Go back to shooters and my 14 year old is a quick shot sniper killer from god knows where.. Kid can hit things not there.. Don't you love that feeling?

Now a days I prefer to actually sit on the headphones while my kids play, and listen to all the whiners who are getting tore up by my 2 monsters.. Its great.. then I say something and room is dead silent.. That sir is a great feeling LOL.

howsitwork

No

you're old when you start considering how to plumb for the catheter so you can still work at the lathe in comfort whilst drinking coffee! And wondering why bladder capacity and kidney output is so much greater than coffee input

Not there yet but starting to plan....

edicehouse

You are old when you realize that you should have put a bathroom in your shop!

I met this guy and went to his shop a few times, and no it wasn't Fred. Well anyways he would go over to this corner every so often, and I thought nothing of it, then I notice he had a funnel, and I thought that was genius.

I live in the country, I have one house next to mine, and fields all around. Well I was working in my shop one day, and went behind to take care of business, I knew a buddy was hunting in the woods behind the field, so my back is to the woods. Well about 5 minutes later I get a text and a picture asking what kind of pen am I making there. I will not post our conversation from that point on because I don't want to get banned, but put it this way, his man hood may have been called into question.

Last edited:
Top Bottom