It's gonna burn!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Four straight days over 100 degrees. Might even break the all time heat record of 107 degrees on Wed or thu. The Portland, Vancouver area is on FIRE. We may not make it.:eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Good luck on the NW! Hot is Hot, IMHO. I have been to the SW several times. People around here say that the humidity is low, it's not hot. It's hot! My wife and I were in Albuquerque, NM two years ago. Low humidity but still hot. Baseball scoreboard showed 101 degrees at 9 PM. Little Rock, AR five weeks ago- hot and humid. I told my wife next year if we go to see our grandson play baseball, we are going in April or May. Or....I'm going and she can stay home!
What do they call three consecutive days of sunshine in Seattle? Summer!

sfhipchick

UGH!! I'm so sorry that it's so miserable! We were at 100 yesterday but today it's going to be 113...and tomorrow 118 (and it will be a record breaker if it does!), and then 114 and 109...welcome to the gates of hell!

The Gates of Hell (Medford, Oregon)

Mr Vic

It's all wacko here. Over the weekend we had 55% humidity and 75deg. Just kept raining... Normally in the 90s and dry as a bone this time of year.

thawkins87

Crazy... I think we've actually had one of the coolest summers in a while in the DFW area. Only a couple days truly over 100, when this time last year we were on a streak of 40-something 100+ degree days in a row.

Granted, the heat index has been up around 110 every day but the temperature itself stays upper 90s.

CREID

I would be willing to bet that most of you have air conditioning. I have not and never have had.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I lived in Dallas / Ft.Worth TX area in 1980 and we had 69 days of triple digit temps. A number of days that it did not get below 90° at night. Went to a Texas Rangers baseball game and it was 100° at 8 pm.

I lived in the New Orleans area from '81-'85; the temp would occasionally get into the upper 80's and low 90's with 100% humidity. That was more draining to me than the heat of Dallas.

I LOVE air conditioning!

CREID

I lived in Dallas / Ft.Worth TX area in 1980 and we had 69 days of triple digit temps. A number of days that it did not get below 90° at night. Went to a Texas Rangers baseball game and it was 100° at 8 pm.

I lived in the New Orleans area from '81-'85; the temp would occasionally get into the upper 80's and low 90's with 100% humidity. That was more draining to me than the heat of Dallas.

I LOVE air conditioning!
We don't do humidity here in the NW.:)

tbroye

You would think in Washington you wouldn't need AC but this on the west coast all bets are off. In Sacramento we spent the month of July over 90 for a high all month, never happened before. Lowest high temp for the month 92 100 + day over 20 and climbing the record is 44 back in 88. The way August is going we may make it yet.

sfhipchick

LOL I was walking up our road to the house this morning and thought, "You know, it's quite comfortable!" As I walked into the house I looked at the thermometer...it read 99. I think I'm acclimating to the heat! :D

Fordwakeman

you getting all the smoke,too? I'm down the gorge in Kennewick, Wa and there is an Air quality advisory because of the heat and smoke.

Jim Smith

I happen to be in Savannah Georgia for business all this week and it has been in the mid 80's with a very nice breeze and fairly low humidity. Next week, it will probably be back to the normal August temperatures of mid to high 90's with 90+% humidity.

Jim Smith

sfhipchick

you getting all the smoke,too? I'm down the gorge in Kennewick, Wa and there is an Air quality advisory because of the heat and smoke.

It's smokey but not bad yet *knock on wood* There are a couple of huge fires near Crater Lake and we're about 60 miles away and the smoke isn't coming right at us. It's the northern CA fires that get us badly. Crossing my fingers that it stays ok here and hoping that the smoke dissipates for you soon!

Top Bottom