The IRS just called...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

they are going to sue me if I do not back immediately. I think I will wait until they take the proper steps. Do people actually fall for these scams?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Lol, unfortunately they do. That's why they keep calling the rest of us. I'm glad to see they are bothering someone besides me. My last call I invited them over. Officer Johnson still hasn't shown up....

stonepecker

Sadly, Yes........some people don't stop and think or they get so scared they will do anything they are told. Most people should take the time to talk to a trusted family member and these scams would be stopped in their tracks.

Pete275

Yeah, I have gotten these calls also. The first time they called me I played along to see where it would go. I was told I owed the IRS $25,000 and when I asked how that could be I was told I had been audited. I then told the guy I wasn't aware of an audit and wondered aloud how it could happen without me knowing about it. I was told it was a special no contact audit which falls under a new IRS rule. I then said OK that I was working 3 blocks from the local IRS office, which I was, and that I would be happy to take it to the office. Officer Johnson then told me not to do that and that he would turn the phone over to Capt. Davis. Funny thing is when Capt. Davis got on the phone it was the same exact voice. At this point I decided to stop playing and when I told them I knew it was a scam he call me an A$$&%#e and hung up. I then contacted the local FBI and was told to go online to report it to the Inspector Generals office,

Now whenever they call I tell them that I know it's a scam immediately and I get the same result every time. I get called an a$$&%#e and they hang up. Personally I think it would be great fun to meet these scum in person sometimes. I do tell everyone I know about this.

Wayne

Herb G

Here's what I do when we get calls like that.
I hand the phone to my wife. She happens to be full blooded Chinese.
She gets on the phone & starts talking to them in Cantonese.

Apparently that's not in their script. I can hear them saying stuff like
You speaky Englishy. Stuff like that.
Meanwhile I am laughing so hard I'm about to stroke out while she's having fun with them. :biggrin:

Drewboy22

The funny thing is I got this call right after I got the email from the Persian Prince telling me he would pay me a ton of money if I helped him.

In all seriousness the IRS scam gets a ton of people every year. This one and the Microsoft Scam are the big ones.

The IRS will not call you and Microsoft can not automatically detect you have a virus. Tell them both to pound sand!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The funny thing is I got this call right after I got the email from the Persian Prince telling me he would pay me a ton of money if I helped him.

In all seriousness the IRS scam gets a ton of people every year. This one and the Microsoft Scam are the big ones.

The IRS will not call you and Microsoft can not automatically detect you have a virus. Tell them both to pound sand!
I'm not sure who the last one to offer me 2.7 million dollars if I would help them get 27 million out of some country.....

I get a lot claiming to be from PayPal telling me my account is being held up until they "confirm" who I am....

JohnU

I'm not sure who the last one to offer me 2.7 million dollars if I would help them get 27 million out of some country.....

I get a lot claiming to be from PayPal telling me my account is being held up until they "confirm" who I am....

I've gotten a few of those myself, always asking that I follow THEIR link and enter my account information. lol

Top Bottom