Instagram

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
From what I understand, I am surrounded by mostly older men here (I'm 23.) I think because of my age I'm naturally drawn to social media. I created a Instagram to show off and start selling Woodworking projects (pens for the time being) and was wondering if anyone else had one!

I'd love to follow and hope you will as well!

My Instagram handle is @creekwoodww.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lhowell

So how do you get people to receive Instagrams?

It's more of an app like Facebook. The best way is to make your account available for public view and when you post a photo include a bunch of hashtags related to pens (#penturner #custom #handmade #penaddict #pengeek and on and on and on). That way your post will show up in multiple places on other fellow woodworkers/penturners and on various search pages. It's pretty much free advertising and it kept me more than busy with people placing orders.

I have seen other custom blank makers and pen makers hold giveaways for equipment, tools, pens, etc as well as hold online auctions for their products.

P.S. - my Instagram name is lhowell84

mecompco

So how do you get people to receive Instagrams?

It's more of an app like Facebook. The best way is to make your account available for public view and when you post a photo include a bunch of hashtags related to pens (#penturner #custom #handmade #penaddict #pengeek and on and on and on). That way your post will show up in multiple places on other fellow woodworkers/penturners and on various search pages. It's pretty much free advertising and it kept me more than busy with people placing orders.

I have seen other custom blank makers and pen makers hold giveaways for equipment, tools, pens, etc as well as hold online auctions for their products.

P.S. - my Instagram name is lhowell84

Thanks! Will have to try it. I'm just now getting comfortable w/FB, so one step at a time. :)

jttheclockman

This could be the problem with today's youth, social media. Hey Skip, get a load of this guy, he called us old. At what age do you become older men.

old.png

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Haha! I just meant older than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Look at the people that answered you they are all older than you. what did age have to do with it. Good luck with whatever social media you use. Just to let you know there are quite afew members here that are very successful doing it the old fashion way too. Get out and sell. I am one of them. :):)

keithncsu

Way to welcome a new member...

As a new member myself Parker, let me welcome you as I was welcomed. Not how John did.

You'll find this place to be a wealth of great knowledge!! And mostly nice people who will welcome new ideas. I have learned countless things here and my quality of pens has risen as a result. Not to mention it's just fun!!!

However, there are a very select few who rarely offer positive feedback and are not pen to hearing anything but their own opinion. The more you read and post, you'll learn who they are, and to ignore them at best.

Rockytime

I am 78 and altho I have FB and Instagram accounts I find them to be a PITA. Very time consuming. I seldom open them. But then it's just me.

jttheclockman

Way to welcome a new member...

As a new member myself Parker, let me welcome you as I was welcomed. Not how John did.

You'll find this place to be a wealth of great knowledge!! And mostly nice people who will welcome new ideas. I have learned countless things here and my quality of pens has risen as a result. Not to mention it's just fun!!!

However, there are a very select few who rarely offer positive feedback and are not pen to hearing anything but their own opinion. The more you read and post, you'll learn who they are, and to ignore them at best.

Easy Keith it was a joke.

RobS

No instagram yet. Although the people at work keep pushing me to do it. Facebook yes. Most of my stuff sells by word of mouth at work and 20% on facebook from friends. 135 pens and counting in 7mo.

I will be starting one soon. I do photgraph all my pens with my cell phone. Which makes loading to FB simple. But they are not the best just ok.

Top Bottom