I'm lost !! Where am I??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
As some of you know, my work takes me around a bit and I spend a lot of time living from a suitcase.:frown: Just for kicks, see if you can tell me which capital city and country I'm in right now. I took this pic about two hours ago, as the sun was starting to set. The modern three tower building is quite famous.
The body of water to the left is a sea and is land locked:wink:

One more clue.... I posted this thread at 8.32pm local time...

So just to see if your geography is any good, can you figure out where I am.:biggrin:

Attachments

• WP_20170317_17_42_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170317_17_42_12_Pro.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Those are the Flame Towers. They display flames that can be seen all over the city. Have you seen the flames?

JimB

Wow !!! :eek: Well done Jim !! How did you figure it out?:biggrin:

Well, at first I was thinking "how will anyone figure this out!". So I went to the smartest person I know, my wife, and she didn't know either. I then went to the second smartest 'person' I know, GOOGLE. I searched for something like 'famous 3 tower buildings near a space needle type building'. It showed me, probably hundreds of pics. I scrolled through them until I found what looked like yours!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Good detective work Jim.:biggrin:

John, they, and several other building were lit up when I arrived last night. Very spectacular looking. :eek: They drive like lunatics here !! I was too petrified to stop gripping the taxi seat to bother taking a picture:eek:

The difference between the 'haves' and the 'have nots' is very sad to see.

There are dozens and dozens of palatial looking buildings that just haven't been finished. The drop in oil prices is being blamed. But the people are very friendly and crime is very low. But I did feel a bit wary when I walked back to my digs. I took a wrong turn and ended up in a very deprived area. :cool:

I'm here till Wednesday, so I'll try and get a pic of the towers lit up.

Oh, they have just started their whole week major holiday here. I think it's new year or something..... will find out..:biggrin:

Top Bottom